Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2001, 09:04 AM

Default Drawing tempos?

I recently quit using Logic Audio for my MIDI tracks and decided to jump head first
into PT, and just live with the limitations for now. But I can't find anything in PT that allows me to graphically draw in a gradual ritard. I truly find it hard to believe that you cannot work with a graphic tempo track, just like you would automation. In Logic, that feature has been around for quite a while. Is this not possible? Of course, I wouldn't expect any audio loops to slow down with it. This is more of a MIDI track issue.

Ideas?
Nashville, TN
www.fabmusic.com
Old 11-08-2001, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Drawing tempos?

You gotta type in EVERY one by hand....
[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

dk
Old 11-08-2001, 09:30 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by dkrausz:
You gotta type in EVERY one by hand....
[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

dk
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am speechless.

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Nashville, TN
www.fabmusic.com
Old 11-08-2001, 09:43 PM

The tempo mapping problem in Pro Tools is a problem, and should be addressed, of course. But remember that Pro Tools has only had a sequencer in it for a short time. It has room to grow. The sequencers it is being compared to have been around forever, and ALL of them had some pretty silly omissions in their early versions...I know...I owned them all and BETA tested for at least one of the major players.

I just hope that Digi will look hard at LOGIC, because it's the best sequencer on the planet. Right now Pro Tools is very Performer influenced, due to it's designers previous association with MOTU. Performer started as the best on the planet for the Mac, then, over the years, turned into a messy, cluttered, boat.

I fear though that I'll still have to go back to Logic for getting any intelligent midi notational output, for I doubt Pro Tools will ever get into that. I have to export Pro Tools MIDI files to print them in other programs and it's a drag...
Old 11-09-2001, 12:04 AM

Well, I admit, I still use Logic for anything that is pure MIDI. But if there is going to be audio added at any point, I generally start things in PT these days. It just feels better for audio. Indeed, Logic should be a benchmark for any MIDI features that Pro Tools adds in the future. Man, I would love to be able to double click a midi region, for instance, and get a full screen matrix window of the notes. That would rock my world.

CS
Nashville, TN
www.fabmusic.com
Old 11-09-2001, 12:55 AM

Why not just select the MIDI region you wish to edit, then hit E on your keyboard?