Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2024, 09:21 AM

Default Protools Ultimate Trial

Annoyingly, my iLok has bundled the Protools Ultimate Trial with my Protools Studio Subscription, meaning, every time I boot Protools it IRRITATINGLY boots the Free Trial and NOT the Studio version, which I'm paying for?.

I can't seem to delete/deactivate the Ultimate Trial licence without deleting the Studio license with it. Why has it bundled it anyway???

The point is, the Trial runs out the same time my Actual subscription reactivates, meaning I'll be paying for the Studio version for nothing if I just use the Trial Version.

This may be simple to resolve but I'm finding it very irritating that I can't just simply deactivate the Trial with deactivating my studio sub along with it???

Please help
Old 03-14-2024, 10:05 AM
Avid

Default Re: Protools Ultimate Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Morten View Post
Annoyingly, my iLok has bundled the Protools Ultimate Trial with my Protools Studio Subscription, meaning, every time I boot Protools it IRRITATINGLY boots the Free Trial and NOT the Studio version, which I'm paying for?.

I can't seem to delete/deactivate the Ultimate Trial licence without deleting the Studio license with it. Why has it bundled it anyway???

The point is, the Trial runs out the same time my Actual subscription reactivates, meaning I'll be paying for the Studio version for nothing if I just use the Trial Version.

This may be simple to resolve but I'm finding it very irritating that I can't just simply deactivate the Trial with deactivating my studio sub along with it???

Please help
Hi Pete,

Checking on this and will get back to you.

Thanks!

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-15-2024, 06:40 AM
Avid

Hi Pete Morten,

I checked and it looks like our CS team already help you out through case 04772445. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 03-16-2024, 04:45 AM

Thanks for your reply.
Sadly, as I suspected, the person hadn't read my full message or didn't understand. I've already tried multiples times the simple suggestion they've mentioned.

I was keen to point out, the licences have been bundled, meaning, just simply right clicking and selecting "deactivate" delete BOTH licences, not just the free trial. Please see attached pics.

Can you help resolve this please ?.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LS.jpg (29.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM

You are looking at the Ultimate subscription, that itself is always this bundled license of Ultimate and Studio that you cannot separate. This is what is called a "combo" license. Nothing got "merged" to create that bundle.

Who knows where your separate previous subscription to Studio is. I suspect that is sitting in your iLok account, maybe not on the device you are looking at. Or even if it is sitting on the same iLok/cloud Pro Tools will always start up with the highest license it finds. Kinda hard to believe the prior subscription got removed entirely, and you are not showing us anything useful with what ILM shows for all licenses in your account. But Avid support should easily see what is going on.

The purpose of the Ultimate Trial is to let people test out Ultimate, it is not to extend subscriptions for free, so I am not sure that what you are complaining about really deserves help.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:57 AM
Avid

Hi Pete Morten,

Darryl is right, we PTU Trial are bundled license, actually all our Ultimate licenses are bundled.

To make things simple as well, deactivating the whole bundle PTU Trial license will stop Pro Tools to authorize Ultimate tier, but you also need to activate the Pro Tools Studio license that you purchased into you iLok key using iLok license manager.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...on-an-iLok-Key
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 03-29-2024, 04:50 AM

I am surely dummy, but...
If I try to download PT ultimate trial it leads me to my account and then nothing else happens...
any idea?
Old 03-29-2024, 06:17 AM
Avid

Hi amelchi,

You can only register for Pro Tools Trial once, that's why you are being redirected to your View My Products page when you tried to register for Pro Tools Trial.