How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2023, 09:09 PM

Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Thank you for your reply.
Apologies for my inference as to your lack of thoroughness.
No excuses.
The customer service had also “scanned” the email I had sent and missed key points. Twice.
I can only attribute this to your workloads and the increasing level of incoming customer requests regarding this issue.
Yes, I was frustrated, the situation was costing me money and time daily.
The situation is now resolved and I thank you for your attention to this matter.
Regards,
Bill Rigby
Suite Surround PTY LTD
Old 07-10-2023, 06:03 AM
Avid

Accidents and mistakes happen as you know - we aren't all perfect but I will make sure I take more care to read all the content moving forward. I am glad that Raf was able to take care of this for you.
Regards,
Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 10-04-2023, 07:02 PM

Hello Marianne,
There was a resolution concerning my outlay for shipping and paying technical workshops for an investigation on the card.
I have totally rebuilt my Mac and have a clean operating system (Monterey) on my Mac.
This has been a substantial time, effort, lost clients and income etc in an attempt to get back to where I was before I installed the Avid HD 2023.6 driver.
I did a rebuild, because I have no indication and could not trust the operating system, as technical workshops gave the card a clean bill of health.
I installed Protools yesterday, so, nothing but the operating system and Protools is installed. Guess what, -60001 errors.
I then Digitested the card and it failed.
I rang support last night, but they haven’t gotten back to me.
This case needs to be reopened with technical support to get to the bottom of this.
My impression is that it involves some sort of firmware issue with the installation of the HD2023.6 driver and it needs to be rolled back somehow.
PLease re open the case and prompt technical support to contact me. I am on the Sydney Australia Timezone.
Thankyou
Bill
Old 10-05-2023, 09:27 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rigby View Post
Hello Marianne,
There was a resolution concerning my outlay for shipping and paying technical workshops for an investigation on the card.
I have totally rebuilt my Mac and have a clean operating system (Monterey) on my Mac.
This has been a substantial time, effort, lost clients and income etc in an attempt to get back to where I was before I installed the Avid HD 2023.6 driver.
I did a rebuild, because I have no indication and could not trust the operating system, as technical workshops gave the card a clean bill of health.
I installed Protools yesterday, so, nothing but the operating system and Protools is installed. Guess what, -60001 errors.
I then Digitested the card and it failed.
I rang support last night, but they haven’t gotten back to me.
This case needs to be reopened with technical support to get to the bottom of this.
My impression is that it involves some sort of firmware issue with the installation of the HD2023.6 driver and it needs to be rolled back somehow.
PLease re open the case and prompt technical support to contact me. I am on the Sydney Australia Timezone.
Thankyou
Bill
Hi Bill,

I know that Chris reached out last night/early am to do a remote session and troubleshoot but you were busy. When you connect - he should be able to provide additional info on the first case (04644878). I also tagged the product person for this on the case and the systems engineer to help.

Stand by and if you don't hear within the next few hours, email me direct at [email protected].

Thanks
Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 11-02-2023, 04:14 PM

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade my PT Ultimate HD Native system from 21.10 to 23.9. I'm on a 5,1 Mac Pro running Catalina. It seems from what I've read I should install the 23.3 HD driver instead of the current 23.9 driver? However, I can't seem to find a 23.3 HD driver installer on the Avid website. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2023, 06:45 AM
Avid

Hi TheFilterLab,

You may download the HD Driver version 2023.3 using the link below. This is under the Avid Download Center in your MyAvid account.

https://my.avid.com/esd/Product/Download/2700
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 11-03-2023, 07:48 AM

Hi cvicente22,

I guess I didn't go down far enough into the download center. I thought that the different pro tools versions were just the software. I was looking for the HD drivers on the top level of the download center.

Thank you!
Old 11-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Avid

You're welcome TheFilterLab! Glad to help!
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 12-14-2023, 06:58 AM

Any news on whether these issues have been rectified with the 2023.12 HD Driver?
Old 12-14-2023, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Any news on whether these issues have been rectified with the 2023.12 HD Driver?
I can state from my experience, they have not. I had to revert to HD Driver 2023.3 again. All is working fine with PT 2023.12/HD Driver 2023.3 for my system.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.