Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 for Intel-based Macs

I have been able to use the core audio driver for Pro-Tools, Garageband, and iTunes... I don't recall doing anything special besides selecting it from the list of audio options. Sorry I can't be of more help .
OSX 10.14.5 Mojave
16GB RAM
Pro Tools 2019.5

Secondary:
2015 iMac i7 27"
1TB SSD. 32GB RAM.
OSX 10.11.6 El Cap
Pro Tools 2018.3
Rosetta 200 I/O via X-Symhony into TB2 Akitio Chassis
Session and Sample drives in TB2 Akitio Thunder2 Chassis

Server:
2008 Mac Pro 3,1 2x2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Target Disk - OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion
22GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
Old 07-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Avid

Quote:
Just wondering. I have an Intel based MacBook Pro 17 in which I have installed ProTools LE 6.7 and then upgraed to 6.92. The program itself seems to open fine but will not recognize my external LaCie D2 Extreme 300 GB Firewire 8oo drive as an audio drive. Will the update to Protools LE 7.1.1 fix this?

TIA

Dave
Yes, though you will need 7.1.1cs1 for proper operation of the Core Audio driver.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:12 PM

As many in this thread, recently got a macbook pro and updated to protools 7.1.1. When I first purchased my 002, the digi bundle did not include melodyne and bfd...is there anywhere that i can get the soundbanks for these? i was able to install live, reason and the ik bundle (the soundbanks from my original disc work), but since i never had the newer added plugs...is it possible to get them now? if so, where can i get full installers, not just the app?
OS 10.4.6
002 mixing board w/ PT 7.1.1cs
Old 07-28-2006, 06:46 AM

I am trying to upgrade my DV Tookit and it seems to be crapping the bed. I have 7.1.1 up and running and it is great. I just recieved the DV Toolkit 2 disks and when I install them (yes the ilok has been updated...) I get nothing. I dont get the plugin's or DVToolkit itself. the DVToolkit2.bundle is in the Pro-Tools folder and it seems like it should work fine but NADA!...

Any thoughts?

Coll
Old 07-28-2006, 10:14 AM

I've searched the duc and have not found an answer. Forgive my ignorance, but is the REX collective cd that shipped W/ MBox2 compatable with Intel Macs? I've already been to the compatability page and there is no mention of it. Does this mean it isn't, or if so, how can I get the loops into reason? Thanks!
Old 08-05-2006, 09:24 AM

hi, i have the same problem, have you again? have u find some solution? if yes please send it to me. tanx Stefano.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:21 AM

Has anyone had problems with PT 7.1.1 screen freezes? I am running an iMac Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz with 2GB RAM and a Digi002 Rack. I have had the screen freeze intermittently in both playback and record. Level meters, transport/timeline, and waveforms all freeze for approximately 5-10 seconds but the audio continues to record or playback as if nothing is wrong. When the screen does come back to life the waveform that was recorded while the screen was "dead" magically renders itself. Would this be a problem with the iMac itself or with the Digi002 Rack interface? Also, I did have my screensaver activated. After I deactivated it I did a session for about 5 to 6 hrs and the screen freeze problem seems to have gone away. I'm not convinced that this really fixed the problem though. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what fixed the problem for you?

Thanks,

Torchlight
Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 AM

i've been getting that screen freeze a bit too, in fact my macbook 2.0 ghz with 2G ram freeze altogether sometimes, when i'm openign a project, and it won't let me force quit it, so i have to hold onto the shutdown button...i think this is quite a serious problem, does any know how to fix it?

also, sometimes, after a while, the sound from my m-box2 would just start to have nonstop chips,
after i quit protools and come back it's fine, but i want to know how to fix this, thanks
Old 08-15-2006, 08:32 AM

I don't know what causes it but I went throught the troubleshooting tips for Mac OSX and did a few things. For instance, I made sure that screensaver and energy savers were OFF, turned off Bluetooth and AirPort, cleaned out my Digi and DAE preferences folders/files, etc. There's a whole list of stuff you can do. I will tell you that after I shutdown the screensaver I haven't seen this problem happen again (but I am a true skeptic!) I don't know if that was the fix or not, I will have to keep using the system and see what happens. I will say that the problem has never caused my iMac to lockup completely, only the screen freezes. The audio continues to play and/or record normally. I think that you may have a slightly different problem if you are having to shutdown to rectify the situation. Do a search on my username and click on the thread with the subject in "CAPS". DigiTechSupport replied to that post and provided me with the link to the trouobleshhoting page. Try that stuff they suggest and see if it doesn't help you out. I wish you luck! Let me know what happens. I will post again when I figure out what is going on.

Take care,

Torchlight
Old 08-19-2006, 06:28 PM

Hi all.

ive now got an imac with intel, i was running windows, i have succesfully installed pro tools 7.1.1 upgrade. everything records fine.
my problem is i have no help files for the pro tool guides in the help window of pro tools.
i can click on them but it cant find the files for the guides.
i had access to all these files when i was running on windows.
are these files only accesable if i am hooked up to the internet with the imac (they dont seem live) or is it a problem with my loading of the 7.1.1 or the upgrade does not contain these files?

also i cant get a click track happening.
i have loaded the bundled plug ins for intel mac and and i have the other pro tools plug ins in audio suite.
i have enabled by ticking the click in the drop down but it does not show in the time window nor is it in the audio suite with compressor flanger etc.

any ideas greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread