Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2013, 01:44 PM

Default Need help customizing c24 cables - help?

Hi All,

First let me vent and express how pissed I am that I just bought about $20K of gear from Avid (C24//HD Native + PTools 10/11/Omni) and now that I want to have a C24 HD cable kit custom made with Mogami/Switchcraft parts, I also have to PAY them $40-$80 bucks just to talk to them about my custom cabling? Rip-off!

If someone here could direct me to a human I could speak with I would greatly appreciate it.

I'll have the C24 sitting in an Argosy desk, the style which includes six rackmount spaces to the left and right of the C24. Installed in the racks will be various class a mic press as well as my Apogee Symphony system. The mac pro tower with the HD Native card will be sitting on the ground under/beside the desk. So all pieces to my new studio regarding the control room board/audio i/o and mac pro sit within 6-8 feet of each other.

I've got the list for all 13 required cables to go in and out of the C24 etc., most of them showing to be 25 feet in length. For my upcoming custom cables, I need to speak to someone who knows the ins and outs of every cable, so as to inform me how many of these I can have made much smaller than 25 feet. Obviously this will save me money as well as space for placing all that cabling around the desk.

Unless I'm fortunate enough for Avid to chyme in here, I would appreciate if anyone could suggest someone to speak to by phone to help me decide which custom cables I can have made smaller than the standard 25 ft for my specific configuration. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

- John
www.icedrum.com