How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2010, 03:11 AM

Default Noise on Talkback bus

Hey folks...

I interfaced a talkback mic on the talkback bus this evening, and it seemed to be very noisy. It has a horrible hiss sound in the background. Has anyone experienced this? Possible solutions?

There are a couple of other things going on with the console...a few LED's are out and the headphone jack is all sorts of messed up. How does the process of getting a digi repair rep out work?

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 11-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: Noise on Talkback bus

Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear about this. If this is a new unit please let the service guys know so they can work with our QA to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Re: talkback noise. Is the noise only on the talkback channel, or is it also on the solo bus (headphones/monitoring out)? If it's on the channel only, then it could be a bad connection within the console, or in the cable that connects the console to the FOH Rack. Perhaps the balanced connection has gone one-legged somewhere.

If it's on the solo bus, check out this link for what I suspect the cause might be:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showpost.p...71&postcount=2

Sheldon
Old 11-14-2010, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Noise on Talkback bus

Sheldon,

Thanks for responding. It is an installed console, been in about 3 years. I did check, and it is also in the monitoring buss as well. I tried the trick you recommended, and the noise is still in the talkback line. I did not check the monitor buss though.

One day this week I'm going to do a dummy check to make sure something isn't jacked up on my end before I contact support. There are a couple of other little things...such as some LED's aren't lighting up and the port for the headphone connector has worked its way loose. So...either way I may be putting in a call to support. Would the support team be able to setup a site visit to have the desk looked at?

Thanks again for your help. Great meeting you last week!

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |