Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:11 AM

Default Re: my 003 factory freezes during sessions.

+1 - i already done everything from re install- repair - modify - start from 800-801-803-reloading firmware but just for fist session and 003 freeze - display- but operation ok - done by mouse
Old 08-02-2010, 06:48 AM

I have spent many hrs and days investigating this issue. Many people are having the same problem. As usual the explanations are a "cop out". Almost everyone with the 003 factory are having these problems only after the 8.04 update. You go back to 8.03 and it stops. You can do a million Sandra reports it is clearly an Avid problem. I am just curious to see the spec of the windows system they tested these drivers on because i would build one in the next hr.

www.audiosparx.com/waynedawkins
Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Dawkins View Post
I am just curious to see the spec of the windows system they tested these drivers on because i would build one in the next hr.
Will you make me one as well.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:39 AM

I sure will. Infact i will make everyone one because i am pretty sure it is make believe.

http://www.jango.com/music/Wayne+Dawkins?l=0
Old 08-02-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne dawkins View Post
i sure will. Infact i will make everyone one because i am pretty sure it is make believe.

http://www.jango.com/music/wayne+dawkins?l=0
lol +1
Old 08-03-2010, 02:18 AM

Dear DigiTechSupport,

As you can see many 003 Factory systems are affected by this bug since PT 8.04.

Any confirmation this bug is noticed and being worked on?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:52 AM

i'm having a similar problem with my 002 on XP sp3 since upgrading to ptle 8.04. after mixing for a while the 002 will completely freeze up if i use the nudge button. i've tried letting it sit for an hour to see if it will eventually unfreeze but it doesn't.

protools recognizes that it's lost communication with the 002 and asks if i want to save the session before it closes so i do. but when i try to open that session file after rebooting, protools gives me an error saying that the file was created with an older version of pt.

is anyone else having this problem on XP and 8.04?

marco
Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Should I assume your audio drive is that 5400 RPM my book? If so, the drive is too slow for PT. You need a 7200 RPM drive with at least 16MB of cache for your sessions.

The onboard graphics present another potential issue.
yea i got the my book joint lol.. its funny u say that cuz just yesturday i was recording n i had like 10 tracks goin n it brought up the error that it wasnt transferin data fast enough..it was actualy the first time i seen it happen.

but anyway. if i go back to 8.0.3 should i update the drivers or just leave the ones i get with the 8.0.3 update?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 AM

When I first installed 804 it was a mess so I system restored to a back date and every thing work as it was supposed to, then my dumb *ss, re-installed 804 and Yeah! more problems. Looks like Avid/digi didn't have the,strike that, didn't want to use thier budget for proper R&D.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarbyshirebryant View Post
You & me both! I've requested a SANDRA report of a working 'approved' AVID PT system, as have others, and got no response whatsoever. To me it doesn't seem that unreasonable..."we tested this using this bit of kit" is a statement of fact rather than an endorsement of particular manufacturer's kit.

My latest 'bizarre' moment with PT involved opening a 5.1 version of a session. It uses the same 24 tracks of source audio, that works perfectly at 64sample buffer in DAE in the stereo session, however in 5.1 the audio is 'distorted', running at correct pitch but slowed down, with a warbling effect (a very poor TCE/elastic audio). Increasing buffer to 128 samples produces 'Running out of CPU' errors (RTAS usage meter is solid at 30% with the peak indicator at 90% and the occasional turning red of the meter). Setting a buffer of 256 samples and everything is fine, no out of CPU, RTAS sits around 30%, no peaks, no red.

There are some serious buffer/timing issues in the new drivers! This system was fine when running XP & 8.0.3cs2 (and all before it) But from the reports above I think I can safely say that Win 7 64bit isn't the issue here.
We should have a list of tested systems up shortly (within the next week or two). We've got 3 different test teams, plus betas, from which all the data needed to be sorted, compiled and prepared for delivery on our website and it's taken longer than expected.
Closed Thread