Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2001, 08:59 AM

Default 001 / tdm integration

quoted from the 5.1 fix request thread:

>>>

AdamFrick
posted May 09, 2001 06:39 PM
i was so excited about the ability to have sessions transportable, as this was one of the major upgrades promoted in 5.1. i said to myself "self, with this new 001 system i'm getting, i'll be able to have a 48 track session at the office, load it up at home, choose which tracks to work one, swap them out with the inactive track switch, and i'm ready to go!" then, i upgrade and sure enough my tracks get chopped again. "self," i said, "this is a major disappointment." is there a major software reason this isn't a possibility, or are you just handicapping the 001 systems? forgive me if in fact there is a good reason i'm not seeing...

thanks, paul, for listening and responding...

Paul Greyson
posted May 09, 2001 07:19 PM

Well, you know, LE is a 24 track system.

How about importing the tracks you want to work on? That should work.

------------------
Paul Greyson
Digidesign Engineering

AdamFrick
posted May 10, 2001 05:31 AM

yeah, i know i can import tracks, and that is a nice feature, but that still leaves me with two seperate sessions on my 001 for one equivalent system on my mix plus.

i know its only a 24 track system, but my mix is only a 64 track system and i can have 128 tracks on it, just not all active! why not on my 001 / LE?

thanks paul

=a=

>>>

couple this with the thus-far buggy (though i know it will be fixed) import tracks command, and its very difficult to quickly transfer sessions back and forth.

again, paul or anyone at digi, i fully understand if there are true limits in hardware or whatever that don't allow inactive tracks in 001/le, but so far you haven't really given me a good reason, which makes me assume there isn't one.

what do you say? anyone else feeling my pain, or am i alone on this one?

thanks.

=a=
Old 05-17-2001, 03:23 AM

Default Re: 001 / tdm integration

Feeling the pain... I have been making it work on 5.0.1 by doing submixes of drums, gtrs and etc's, and then I have 18 tracks to track vocals into in our smaller studio. But it is a shame that I can't just disable the other tracks and use the actual sessions on both systems. I tried 5.1 and wasn't too blown away, too much new stuff and not enough improvements on the old stuff to worry about changing all the systems over just yet. Maybe for PT 5.5 or so...

Poncival
Old 05-17-2001, 08:11 AM

I feel your pain! There is a trick that will let you see and to some extent use TC on Le so dispite implications made by digi TC support is already coded into Le and they have disabled our ability to choose it. My guess is that they have done a simular thing with tracks and that it would be more re enabling code thats already there. Between the TC issue and the track issue session portability is a bit of a cruel joke, you can move freely as long as you don't do anything in TDM you can't do in Le!? 4.3 was transportable.
SK
Old 05-21-2001, 06:34 AM

thanks guys -

DIGI ARE YOU LISTENING?

=a=