Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Family Needs Help NOW

Hi All, Sugarnutz house burnt down.

He needs your help, preferably money. He hasn't asked for any, he shouldn't have too.

Everyone here can give $5 to $100

I'm waiting to see how/ where to send mine...

The post is here- Up In Smoke

It'll make ya feel good and BTW, Happy Valentine's Day
Old 02-13-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Family Needs Help NOW

I so hate to hear this...James, I'm here for anything you need me to do, and I'll be sending all I can.
-Roy
Old 02-13-2005, 10:44 PM

Hi All

I don't know what to say, yall got me crying all over my bologna sandwhich here. I have been trying to make the most out of this bad situation and figure out what I'm going to do. I appreciate this to no end. I'm not gonna lie and say I don't need help, but I don't want anybody taking from their needs, with God's help and guidance I'll get by. My wife has told me all these years that I talk too much and you folks have got me speechless.

Roy thanks for the offer of the help/truck, but right this minute I don't think there's anything worth getting that I can't carry in my arms. I am insured, but until I talk to the agent tomorrow I don't know how much coverage I really have, you get it, put it in the drawer and hope/pray you don't ever need it.

Right now my email addresses are:

[email protected]

and a new one I set up tonite:

[email protected]

Both are listed with paypal.

Since the satallite link went up with the house, I can get mail from the direcway server, but I can't send on it using the dail-up here.

Kieth, I don't know who you are, but thanx and God bless you and yours.

I'm a firm believer that God does'nt close one door without opening another and I'm looking for that door.
Thanx all
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 02-14-2005, 02:05 PM

James? Sugar, I hope that helps some...if not let me know

I sent to the Bellsouth one

Keith Owens
Old 02-16-2005, 06:42 PM

bump
Old 02-17-2005, 07:58 AM

Hey Guys,

Is it possible that we could put together some tunes, post it somewhere and have the proceeds from the sale go towards the rebuilding effort ?

I'm not the worlds greatist musician, but I'll give it a go.

Whaddya think ?

Take Care,
Gene
Old 02-17-2005, 11:42 PM

Hi guys (and Gals)

I have been pretty busy these last few days and I wanted to say thanks to those of you who have sent me some dough. Some of you were worried about only being able to send a little and that's cool, even the smallest donation has helped me put enough gas in the car to drive around all day or bought lunch for us. I deeply appreciate it no matter what you were able to send. I will try to respond to each of you via email when things settle down.

I am finally on my own computer I put togather tonite with parts from my old PC and some stuff I had ordered last week and came in yesterday. I had ordered an Intel 850 motherboard and a second-hand P4-1.5 (423 pin) I was gonna use to build a Mix Core machine. I had two 256 meg sticks of RDram for it at the house, which the area where they were located is now toast, but found them covered with debris in an anti-stactic bag, stomped into the floor by the firemen....they lived. I got a cheap case/PS and with my old video card, modem and a 17" HP monitor my boss gave me (I was supposed to pick it up Friday, glad I did'nt) I now have decent internet and my son has some games to play.

My audio stuff has kinda survived when most other things have'nt. My B&W towers I paid on for the better part of a year are safe at a neighbors, I found two Crown CM-700's, one EV 409, one EV 635A and a Octava 319 in boxes deep inside a closet, the boxes are damaged but the mics look OK. My red Tele made it with just some smoke on the bottom where the case was'nt closed good.

My cousin came by today with his digital camera and took some pictures. I made him take one of the Mac that I firmly believe is the cause of my misfortune . I'll try and post it somewhere when he gets it to me.

Thanks again all and Roy I did'nt forget you, I put your # in my cell phone, I've just been covered up. Thanx again Keith.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

Old 02-22-2005, 08:06 PM

Sugarnutz, I also dropped something in one of your paypal accounts(sorry, it escapes me which one...).

Best of luck.
And I am truly sorry to hear about the dog as well. Im very fond of pets / that must have been one of the hardest things.

God Bless,
=-Ben
Old 03-01-2005, 09:17 PM

Just an update and thanx to all who have been able to help me out. We moved into the rental digs today, this will be our first night here. Luck has it I got a place just across the road from my old house, no deposit and a month to month lease for as long as I need it.

The most amzing thing has happened though. The fire started in a light switch for the back porch. On this back porch which was screened in, we were keeping a kitten which had been abandoned by her ferel mother that lives on our property. We bottle fed her until she was weaned and then tried to release her outside, but the other cats would attack/harass her. We kept her locked up on the back porch and I had been tring for a few months to find her a home. This cat was a real sweetheart, all she wanted was to be petted and her motor purred 24/7. This back porch ended up being the heart of the inferno and I had a 24 input Auditronics console frame which I cannot find, it got hot in there and I felt bad for that cat.

Two days ago I am at the house and guess who walks up with thier motor running and looking for a meal? Her wiskers are pretty much singed off and it looks like her ear got the tip burned off, and it seems to have healed, otherwise she's fine. I never gave this cat a name, but I'm now taking suggestions. Thanx guys.....(and gals)
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

Old 03-01-2005, 09:33 PM

Call her "Faith" and keep her, never mind about finding her that home !

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App