Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2011, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Its time to sue digi/avid????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Omar Jun View Post
fly and don't return...
Das Leben ist wie eine Schachtel Pralinen, man weiß nie, was man bekommt.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2 View Post
Why do you want to continue arguing here? Just file your lawsuit and get it done.
I'm fairly certain he likes the attention. Why else would he start such a ridiculous and inflammatory thread?

Here's hoping for a lock to finally put this one out of it's misery.

Carey
Old 02-16-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Omar Jun View Post
I'm planning to put up a site to collect signatures to sue digi for making expensive buggy product with crawling and lazy updates to it's users cause studio downtime for many years is costly and not acceptable.

CORE-AUDIO MANAGER on expensive HD or MBOX system is the most buggiest piece of software I've encounter in a DAW setup both in my studio and other studio I works frequently.

Sometime the sample rate option in HW Setup will gray-out siting comfortably in 48k without any luck to switch to 44.1k, whereas in Audio MIDI setup is reading 44.1k... and you have to lunch pro tools software to enable it, what is the sense of selling it with pro tools package if it's not usable?

Sometime it will stoping outputting audio signal in the middle of session for no reason and I think is all got to do with business tactics, and you are force to sticking to 15,000 € buggy product that looses value after few months.

Very unmoral business practices thats being going on for a while, until we all wake up and do something about it, we should not expect to see any change soon or foreseeable future from digi/avid.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:03 AM

When you sue someone, you ask for some sort of damages. I don't see the OP asking for anything, just complaining. What does he expect to get if successful?

If he spent his time troubleshooting and getting help here, he could be up and running.

Nothing made by man is perfect. I am not aware of any software that stopped at version 1.00. There will always be fixes and improvements to any successful program.

My PT9 is working fine.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_ View Post
Let's assume English isn't your first language. Okay, now that we're past that- Why is it that I haven't had any issues with PT9? I'm by no means a computer genius and I only got into computer based recording less than 2 years ago. In fact, PT9 is the only upgrade I've ever done. PTMP8 was my first DAW. I haven't put PT9 through it's gears yet, but I've only had it running for maybe a week and only done two light duty projects on it..... without so much as a hiccup. I'm sorry that you feel this way and hey, maybe I'm just really lucky but it seems like the biggest problems people have are incompatibilities that have been WELL DOCUMENTED. Yeah, it's a finicky/picky piece of software, but when everything is set up right, it's ROCK SOLID STABLE. I watch my buddy brag about how great Cubase is and then when I'm watching him work, he has to do things in a much more complicated manner and is closing and re-starting Cubase every half hour or so on big sessions because plug-ins will freeze or it just starts doing weird things and becoming unstable. No DAW is perfect, everyone knows this.

I DO however agree that PT9 still has some catching up to do in some areas, which I bet they're fully aware of and working furiously on.
I was going to say the same thing about Cubendo. The number of problems in that software are mind blowing.
I'm surprised there are people still using it.

I was one for years until Nuendo4, but by that time I already had 3 LE systems.

The convoluted way Cubendo works versus PT is another.

There are bugs, I have a number of annoying ones with Automation Follows Edit and plugins, but the work around is simple.

That being said, I've known a number of Cubendo users who jumped ship and went PT 9.

I've had little problems with PT or the Core audio drive. Well, none actually across LE systems, and HD systems. They all work.

One thing seems to be common though with threads like this on any DAW forum.
People have cluttered OS drives with crap from everything on the system, update every new OS that comes out that day and so on.

Its easy to partition a drive and have a PT drive, an a General drive, and a Final Cut drive.
Takes 30 seconds to reboot into it.

Start over. Wipe the system, reinstall OS from scratch and install PT on a separate partition.

I think you are going to be hard pressed to find people to follow your issues for a lawsuit, when I suspect the problems at hand are more the users fault then the softwares fault.

I created a separate PT9 partition, finally deleting PT 7.4.2, to keep my PT 8.03 partition alive.
When I installed PT9, I haven't went back. It just works. I bring HD session home all the time and take them back.
No issues. VCA's are there, all the tracks are there.

And I have a Mac mini currently and run a ton of tracks.

The issue is on your end dude.