Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Default Pro Tools 8 shuts down during session playback AHHHH!

I loaded up a session for further mixing and while im playin it back pro tools 8 shuts down instantly with no warning!! is this considered a corrupt session now??? i even opened it back up and took off my t-racks on the master and it shut down again before playback and all my 003 faders were still up as i was brought back to the desktop.Anyway i can fix this???? delete preferences,update to 8.0.3,save as to new location,copy the session folder to new location??? I need help! my client is comin 2morrow and he has no idea.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 shuts down during session playback AHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrange View Post
I loaded up a session for further mixing and while im playin it back pro tools 8 shuts down instantly with no warning!! is this considered a corrupt session now??? i even opened it back up and took off my t-racks on the master and it shut down again before playback and all my 003 faders were still up as i was brought back to the desktop.Anyway i can fix this???? delete preferences,update to 8.0.3,save as to new location,copy the session folder to new location??? I need help! my client is comin 2morrow and he has no idea.
post a sandra report. details at the top of this forum.

need exact details of what version of pro tools, 8.0 cs1- 8.03 whatever it is

plugs in the session, track count etc.

if you can open it and do a save copy in w/o it shutting down, do it and save it to another drive other than what you are copying to.

did you delete your prefs, databases and such???? if not get the digitech support utility or search for my app on here, trasher, and run it. then restart.

try right clicking on your pt session icon and rename it. sounds goofy but has worked.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-04-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
post a sandra report. details at the top of this forum.

need exact details of what version of pro tools, 8.0 cs1- 8.03 whatever it is

plugs in the session, track count etc.

if you can open it and do a save copy in w/o it shutting down, do it and save it to another drive other than what you are copying to.

did you delete your prefs, databases and such???? if not get the digitech support utility or search for my app on here, trasher, and run it. then restart.

try right clicking on your pt session icon and rename it. sounds goofy but has worked.
So i renamed the folder and session file,opened the session and it went halfway thru the song and it got a hardware buffer error for some reason then crashed!! i tried "save copy in" and it crashes as soon as i pressed okay.ill try delete pref,data method,your app and the 8.0.3 update to see if it works! ill report back when im done
Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrange View Post
So i renamed the folder and session file,opened the session and it went halfway thru the song and it got a hardware buffer error for some reason then crashed!! i tried "save copy in" and it crashes as soon as i pressed okay.ill try delete pref,data method,your app and the 8.0.3 update to see if it works! ill report back when im done
So i did all the above and still crashed! then i opened the session again and put empty space all the way up to the start,made a new session,imported session data and crashed on first track called "intro/outro" so i had a feelin it was that track messin everything up.I opened the renamed session and erased that track along with file in the session pool and it worked fine! i guessit was the way i named it.Ive worked with that session a handfull of times! so why would it give me probs?? anyways seems to be workin now
Old 02-04-2010, 03:08 AM

Did you by any chance import any stereo interleave tracks by mistake? I did this and they came into the session as mono and played for a moment and sure enough the session would crash without warning. Just a thought.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:18 AM

I should of been more clear on this. I imported from nuendo a omf file and it included stereo interleave tracks of organ parts so when i started to get a mix going, as soon as the organ started playing, the session would freeze up and quit on me. No errors, nothing. So I finally realized that the organ came in as mono when it was clearly stereo from the nuendo session so i had to import just the audio files and convert to multiple mono and of course everything went fine after that.