Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2008, 07:04 PM

Default PT Not Recognizing Second Interface

Hey Everyone!

I have a Rosetta 800 and I just bought a 96i to get some more inputs but I can't seem to get Pro Tools to recognize the 96i. While I'm in Pro Tools, under my I/O and hardware setup, there's only a single 192 (the Rosetta 800).

I've run DigiTest and it said that the Test Status is "Failed" (even though it seems to work fine). On the Results tab it also says "Peripheral Digital Loopback Test - Channels 1 - 16: Failed"... and if I show all results it says "Peripheral Digital Loopback Test - DSP B: No Secondary Peripheral Found". Another curious result, is that under the Slot Info tab, under "Secondary Peripheral Information", "Peripheral Family: Firmware Missing!"

Admittedly, I'm not so savvy with DigiTest, but I thought that I'd try going to the Audio I/F Firmware tab. If I select "Secondary", "Type:96i", and begin update, it says "Programming Failed: Data Verification Error".

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:21 AM

Default Re: PT Not Recognizing Second Interface

Just a guess, but have you tried putting the 96i first?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:01 AM

I haven't actually... I will try that later today. Even still, I'd like the Rosetta 800 to be the master for clocking, as well as the first converter in the chain of i/o (since it has a matched number of ins and outs)... as opposed to outputs 1 & 2 being from the 96i, and then 3, 4, 5, etc. being from the Rosetta. It's not the worst thing, but it's just a bit awkward.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:16 PM

Okay... so putting the 96i first worked - Pro Tools recognizes everything. It's a bit of a work around, but I'll just change the internal I/O routing in Pro Tools to make up for the Rosetta not being the first interface. I'll also get PT to clock from the Rosetta in the hardware setup.

The only thing that's odd now is that I can only get 16 inputs going. I'm recording 24/48, 2 DSP's... I've added 24 inputs in the I/O Setup, and routed them appropriately, but when I go to a track to select an input, it just shows the first 16.

Any thoughts on what's happening there?

Thanks again!!

Ryan
Old 04-30-2008, 01:07 AM

[quote
The only thing that's odd now is that I can only get 16 inputs going. I'm recording 24/48, 2 DSP's... I've added 24 inputs in the I/O Setup, and routed them appropriately, but when I go to a track to select an input, it just shows the first 16.

Any thoughts on what's happening there?

Thanks again!!

Ryan

[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Just check that all the inputs you created in the i/o setup have the box ticked to activate them. also check that the same inputs and outputs are not assigned to inserts (as they can not be assigned to both inserts and inputs!)

and inputs 17 -24 are they assigned to digital format? if above settings are not the answer then start looking at the digital settings for 17-24.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.