Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Mojo not helping me with my Mojo

I'm very new to the use and workflow of Mojo. here's mt problem:
It seems that everything is connected correctly, I have sync, I get picture and am able to capture. My problem is that when I'm done capturing picture, I have to nudge it 1 frame to get the Pro Tools timeline and the window burn to match. In my reading on the DUC, I am in the minority and this should not be happening. here's the gear breakdown.

on a Dual 2.7 G5 running OSX 10.4.8 and Pro Tools 7.2cs2
My rig is a HD 3 (old school, no Accel process cards)
SYNC I/O
192 Audio Interface (x2)
I'm driving a Sony DigiBeta Deck using a Timeline Lynx and a KCU.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Mojo not helping me with my Mojo

Move the timecode window burn into the lower half of the picture frame and the problem will go away. The window burn on most Sony decks is typically 1 frame late in count when it is positioned in the upper part of the frame. Because video is scanned from top to bottom, by moving the window burn into the bottom of the frame you are giving the timecode hardware just enough time to complete its job. This "defect" is mentioned in the Digibeta's service manual, and is a well known problem here on the DUC. To repeat, it is the window count that is wrong, not your picture! Don't change picture sync, move the burn position.