Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2022, 06:39 PM

Default Session sample rate incorrect

I have done a lot of searching and reading and cannot find something (yet) that matches my situation. Running PT 2021.3.0 on Mac OS 11.2.3. I have a session that keeps coming up as 44.1kHz. Looking at an older backup, it's 48kHz. Every audio file in the Audio folder is 48kHz as well. I'm hearing the typical slower sounding because of the mismatch.

Saving a copy and converting audio makes no sense because the audio on disk is already 48kHz. In fact, I tried this option and it still sounds slow (as expected). Creating a new session and importing audio is a terrible option as I have already done 99% of the mixing I wanted, including all the plug-ins.

If someone has another idea, I would appreciate it. My previous backup sounds fine but is missing things. This song was on the shelf for a while, so it isn't that bad to have to take the step back to the backup.

Thanks for suggestions.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Session sample rate incorrect

have you tried saving copy and converting to 48k, but then deleting the newly converted audio files, moving the old audio files folder to the new location, and manually relinking to the those original files (if it asks) ?
Old 05-04-2022, 08:43 PM

Create a new 48k session, import session data, bring in all the tracks with their associated clips from the 44.1k session, but do not use sample rate conversion on the import.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:14 AM

Thanks for the replies. I will try Third Eye Studios suggestion first. Appreciate you both providing great ideas.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:20 PM

Third Eye Studios - that worked!
Old 05-06-2022, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicmosaic View Post
Third Eye Studios - that worked!
Good news!