Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 02:40 PM

Default CAN\'T GET PATCHES

thanks everyone for responding to my last question about sample tank. well, i realized i had been opening a mono aux track and thats why it wasnt showing up. now when i open the sampletank insert window THERE ARE NO SOUNDS. ive spent hours just trying to find some instruments. the midi test setup recognizes my keyboard, but there are absolutely no instruments for me to use anywhere. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

.....again.

thanks!
Old 01-06-2006, 02:59 PM

Default Re: CAN\'T GET PATCHES

roxanaafterprom

I wondered if you had made that mistake of looking under mono-channel plug-ins. Never mind. Ummm... in Sampletank look for a button called Root press this and it should open up to your Browse folder dialog. Search the hard drive where you loaded Sampletank and look for normally under Program Files>IK Multimedia>Sampletank Instruments click on this and click OK. ...and this will load the instruments that Sampletank has available to you.

Hope this helps

filosofem

Old 01-06-2006, 03:11 PM

roxanaafterprom

Quote:
well, i realized i had been opening a mono aux track and thats why it wasnt showing up.

Yeah the funny thing about that was, you have to register/authorize Sampletank before it will allow you to use it, which means that it has indeed been installed.

filosofem

Old 01-06-2006, 06:52 PM

ooooook. so after hours of poking around i finally got reason to show up and actually have it show me patches....no luck with sampltank. when sound started coming out of my headphones as a result i was ecstatic....until i realized every patch i click on is giving me the same sound....any suggestions? gosh, who knew it would take me this long just to get SOUND. i almost want to DIE.

thanks again!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:30 PM

roxanaafterprom

Can you give us some system details, what hardware and how you are going about routing?

When you install Sampletank for the first time it will ask you for the Instrument Sample bank, did you come across this?

filosofem

Old 01-07-2006, 11:19 AM

im using mbox 2 on a powerbook g4 and i have it connected to just a general keyboard with a midi out and in. the midi setup in protools recognizes my mbox and keyboard and signals bounce around when i play the keyboard, but i cant get any patches to sound. im sure im missing something totally obvious, but im starting to pull my hair out. thanks again.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:53 PM

roxanaafterprom

Quote:
you have to register/authorize Sampletank before it will allow you to use it, which means that it has indeed been installed.
Quote:
In Sampletank look for a button called Root press this and it should open up to your Browse folder dialog. Search the hard drive where you loaded Sampletank and look for normally under Program Files>IK Multimedia>Sampletank Instruments click on this and click OK. ...and this will load the instruments that Sampletank has available to you.
In order for you to use Sampletank, you must complete these steps.

filosofem

Old 01-07-2006, 01:57 PM

im glad you said that because i thought these were logical steps...i did just that already and still got no instruments. the instruments all appear to be there, theyre just not showing up in the browser. maybe i need to register it again? or is there any other setup option that i need to change in order to use the root thing (thats the technical term)? actually the "root" option i clicked on was under the button next to <default settings> and it said something like "root settings"...is that the button you were talking about? cause thats the one i tried...
thanks so much for your help.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:29 PM

roxanaafterprom

Quote:
im glad you said that because i thought these were logical steps...i did just that already and still got no instruments. the instruments all appear to be there, theyre just not showing up in the browser.
This is funny you say that "the instruments all appear to be there, but not showing up in the browser" I take it you mean the Sampletank browser? My understanding of it is that if the instruments are not in the browser then they're not loaded.

Quote:
is there any other setup option that i need to change in order to use the root thing (thats the technical term)? actually the "root" option i clicked on was under the button next to <default settings> and it said something like "root settings"...is that the button you were talking about? cause thats the one i tried...
What version of Sampletank are you on? You also might want to try this out.

Quote:
maybe i need to register it again?
No you only need to register once.

filosofem