Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2003, 01:12 PM

Default DIGI 001, no Ch 1-2 input in Hardware Setup dialog!?

Subject says it all. I just bought a DIGI 001. I'm trying to configure the Hardware Setup. When I open the Hardware Setup dialog box there is no option for setting the Ch 1-2 Input for Channel 1-2 Anolog or S/PDIF. As a consequence, PTLE (5.3.1) is defualting to S/PDIF for new track (1-2) Output, i.e., I have no option to select Analog 1-2 (Stereo) or (Mono). Anyone ever seen this? Thanks.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:07 PM

Default Re: DIGI 001, no Ch 1-2 input in Hardware Setup dialog!?

While in a PT session, go into setup>I/O setup and click on the input tab. Is input 1 and 2 set up for analog on the Digi?

Greg
Old 03-30-2003, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg M:
While in a PT session, go into setup>I/O setup and click on the input tab. Is input 1 and 2 set up for analog on the Digi?

Greg
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the reply. Yes, 1 & 2 are set up for analog there. I guess as long as I can control it from there, I'm ok? Thanks.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:09 PM

In PT. Setups> Hardware Setup you should only see 3-4 5-6 7-8 because those are analog inputs without the front-panel faders; but you for sure should see Analog 1 Analog 2 when you click the input button on an individual channel and look under "Interface".
(Make sure you have Display> 'Mix (or Edit) Window Shows> I/O view' selected).

If you don't see it, go into Setups> I/O Setup and click the input tab. If you don't see "Mic/Line 1-2" at the top there, then go to the lower right and click the DEFAULT tab then OK. That will reset the labels for the I/O matrix.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
In PT. Setups> Hardware Setup you should only see 3-4 5-6 7-8 because those are analog inputs;

<
Ok. I do see 3-4 5-6 7-8. When I had my Mbox and when I looked in the Digi 001 manual I saw the Ch 1-2 Input fields for selecting Analog vs S/PDIF. I just don't understand why I'm not seeing that field option in this install of PTLE with this new Digi 001. Oh well...

but you for sure should see Analog 1 Analog 2 when you click the input button on an individual channel and look under "Interface".

<
I do.

Make sure you have Display> 'Mix or Edit Window Shows> I/O view' selected.

If you don't see it, go into Setups> I/O Setup and click the input tab. If you don't see "Mic/Line 1-2" at the top there, then go to the lower right and click the DEFAULT tab then OK. That will reset the labels for the I/O matrix.

<
Thanks for the reply and the above info. Stone Knife.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 03-30-2003, 06:12 PM

Sounds like you're good to go! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 09:15 PM

This might be a given....but in Setups menu, when you pop on Hardware, does the Sync option have internal or optical selected?

If you are not using ADAT or any lightpipe , then internal should be selected. Once this happened to me...i lost analog 1 &2 because i had optical selected, but now i have optical selected, and both ADAT and analog inputs are showing up in my I/O...go figure that one out. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

kenny
Old 03-31-2003, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bassbuddy:
This might be a given....but in Setups menu, when you pop on Hardware, does the Sync option have internal or optical selected?

If you are not using ADAT or any lightpipe , then internal should be selected. Once this happened to me...i lost analog 1 &2 because i had optical selected, but now i have optical selected, and both ADAT and analog inputs are showing up in my I/O...go figure that one out. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

kenny
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks...I'll check this out when I get home tonight. I can't remember if I did anything with the Synch option.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jcoker:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by bassbuddy:

kenny
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks...I'll check this out when I get home tonight. I can't remember if I did anything with the Synch option. <hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm...looks like PTLE on XP is different from MAC in the menu's arena. I do have internal selected in an area called 'clock' which appears to be equivalent to synch, but I wouldn't bet on it bc I'm new to Pro Tools [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I think I'm ok for now...I just hope not having the option to select Analog or S/PDIF in the Hardware Setup menu isn't going to bite me later. I don't think it will since I can get to it from the Setups; I/O Setup menu too.