Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2003, 02:29 PM

Default Compatible Digital Mixers????????????

I had posted a question concerning the 01V but no one could resond to it. Some kind of bock was put on it!!!! Well anyway I specifically want a digital mixer that contols PTLE and responds to PTLE any suggestions.............. I hope this one doesn't get blocked. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Compatible Digital Mixers????????????

Are you looking for a mixer or control surface?
I use a Tascam TDM-1000 hooked up to the adat ports of the PCI card. It control the volume faders and panning to on PT. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2003, 03:33 AM

The 01V can be a remote control for the first 8 tracks of Protools(not moving faders,though)via MIDI.With clever adjustment(using memory locations "track show/hide" you can eventually control whatever groups of '8-tracks' with a click.
With Adat lightpipe you can have 8 protools outs into 17-24 of 01V.
That's about it.(very useful,indeed!).
Old 04-04-2003, 03:50 AM

With the 01V, you're supposed to be able to program a custom MIDI mapping yourself. Here's the trick... program it to emulate two JL Cooper MotorMixes! ProTools, unlike Cubase and Nuendo, isn't particularly flexible when it comes to controllers, so you have to get your digital mixer to emulate one of the supported ones.

I managed to get a developer's guide to the MotorMix, the main trick is that each group of 8 control strips comes off a separate MIDI connection fixed to channel 1... somehow, if you can get the first 8 faders on the 01V sending out on one channel, and other 8 on another, then split the two channels onto separate MIDI connections and somehow budge the second back to channel 1... yes, it gets complicated... you'll have to do the reverse back into the 01v to get moving faders too.

If that sounds too hard, which it is, help me pester Behringer to release a PT (and DP) control mapping for the DDX3216. The DDX is a better mixer than the 01V anyway.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:49 AM

I’ve been looking into this myself and it was the Tascam DM 24 that looks to me like the best option. Mind you at over $2900 it should be. If you search on the Tascam site there is plenty of useful info on the mixer. There are also a number of posts on this forum referencing the 01V but as I wasn’t looking into the Yamaha I’m sorry I can’t point you to them.
I think also that H E A D W E R K ' N meant to say CM Motormix not JL Cooper.

The CM Motormix offers an elegant but very expensive solution at around $900.

Ian
Old 04-07-2003, 09:12 AM

I've been running a Tascam DM24 into 001 for over a year here. No problems at all. Able to run 8 analog - 8 ADAT and 2 spidif (18 tracks at a time) Runs HUI and the effects are good... TC Electronics verbs and delays. You can run compression on every channel going in. 2900 is MSRP - Try calling some of the big places like Full Compass (I bought mine there for less than 2k - ask for Eric).

Mike
Studio17