Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2023, 02:02 PM

Default Will Avid update plugins to multichannel version?

I mean, reverbs, compressors and EQs all these stuff. More and more people are mixing Atmos format, and Protools has supported 9.1.6 channel, but only few plugins can be applied on 9.1.6 channels.

So, when will Avid update their plugins to multichannel version? Or won't?
Old 12-26-2023, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Will Avid update plugins to multichannel version?

Avid has only one reverb that ever supported 5.1 and it's algorithmic (Revibe.) (TL Space was never really multichannel as a convolution reverb since its IRs were limited and could only accept mono or stereo.)
The only other plugins in any of the other categories are the "Pro" series which came from the Euphonix System 5 (which was a digital desk that natively supported 5.1)

So in all these years, they've never bothered to get to 5.1 on most of their plugins unless they started that way. I doubt you are going to see any development any further (those developers have long since moved on to other companies and other fields.) And with the exception of dynamics and reverbs, most plugins don't "need" any multichannel support -- multi-mono format is just as appropriate.
Old 12-27-2023, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Avid has only one reverb that ever supported 5.1 and it's algorithmic (Revibe.) (TL Space was never really multichannel as a convolution reverb since its IRs were limited and could only accept mono or stereo.)
The only other plugins in any of the other categories are the "Pro" series which came from the Euphonix System 5 (which was a digital desk that natively supported 5.1)

So in all these years, they've never bothered to get to 5.1 on most of their plugins unless they started that way. I doubt you are going to see any development any further (those developers have long since moved on to other companies and other fields.) And with the exception of dynamics and reverbs, most plugins don't "need" any multichannel support -- multi-mono format is just as appropriate.
I know all the above you mentioned. But dynamic plugins don't need multi channel version? Muti mono works well? How would you get every channel united gain reduction? Not mention it costs more CPU or DSP power than multi channel version.

Happy holidays BTW.

通过我的 2304FPN6DC 上的 Tapatalk发言
Old 12-27-2023, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghand View Post
But dynamic plugins don't need multi channel version? Muti mono works well? How would you get every channel united gain reduction? Not mention it costs more CPU or DSP power than multi channel version
Read more closely. I stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
And with the exception of dynamics and reverbs, most plugins...
Old 12-27-2023, 03:45 PM

Most probably never. You need to discard AIR plugins first, Avid has close to nothing to do with them. Then you need to discard the complete bundle, as many already support 5.1 and it is good enough for most plugin types. What is left are the free stock plugins which are older than Heaven.

Your best bet is wishing for ReVibe III or some new plugin that would be Atmos.
Old 12-28-2023, 09:47 AM

I agree it's doubtful. There hasn't been any indication that they care about included plugins. The Pro series is great and I had hopes it would lead to more but it was the one round and done.

That is one big difference between PT and other DAW's. Cubendo, Logic, Studio One all include impressive plugins that are kept current. Most of us are probably used to our 3rd party plugs so we don't notice...
Old 12-28-2023, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I agree it's doubtful. There hasn't been any indication that they care about included plugins. The Pro series is great and I had hopes it would lead to more but it was the one round and done.

That is one big difference between PT and other DAW's. Cubendo, Logic, Studio One all include impressive plugins that are kept current. Most of us are probably used to our 3rd party plugs so we don't notice...
Agree.

通过我的 2304FPN6DC 上的 Tapatalk发言