How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2013, 02:43 AM

Default unable to control eleven rack with rocktron midi mate

Hello folks

My midi mate no longer communicates with the eleven rack. eleven rack firm ware version is 2.0.1 build 0.1.5.7. Every thing was working fine. I have reset midi mate back to factory setings and configured effects buttons corresponding to eleven rack codes , I ensured eleven rack is set to communicate with the device on channel 1. I am still unable to control the effects. Midi mates midi out running to eleven rack midi in. Anyone have any ideas ? Thanks for your help
Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 AM

Default Re: unable to control eleven rack with rocktron midi mate

up-date: I checked midi cable with another device running into the eleven rack midi input and the device works fine so it's not the midi in on eleven rack.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 AM

Will the MIDI mate work with another device? The fact that the port on the ER is receiving DATA tend to point towards the post and the cable being good and dthe issue being the MIDI Mate or a setting. Resetting it might help but you will probably lose any custom settings you may have entered into the unit.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 AM

Thanks for your help Sunburst. I checked my midi cable with an sr-18 and ran it to eleven rack recorded a drum track successfully so the eleven rack is fine. I did re-set the midi mate back to factory default and re- programed it,that did not help.

I contacted guitar center where I bought it they say the rocktron may have a defected midi output. They recomend I replace it with a roland FC 300. I don't know have to do some research on that. I don't know if it is compatiable with the eleven rack and pro tools.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:53 PM

Silly question.... You said you checked the MIDI channel on the 11R, and it's receiving on channel 1. Have you ensured the MidiMate is sending on channel 1 (or "OMNI")?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:56 AM

Yes midi mate is set to send at channel 1 and so is eleven rack.

I have had this unit for 6 months now and have had to re-program it every time I have experienced issues with pro-tools and eleven rack. After a re installation of eleven rack drivers I was able to get the unit to function this time I can't. I have checked this site for similar issues and I can't find any.

I'm finding it hard to believe guitar centers diagnosis that the unit has a bad midi out. The unit has not been moved or disconnected is it possible? I plan to call rocktron today to get their take on the issue before purchasing another device.

Thanks for your help
Old 04-11-2013, 08:35 AM

I have no idea what the MiDiMate runs. Or what your needs are. The Behringer FCB1010 with the 11Prom is pretty painless if your just using it with the 11R. Benoni has a couple of videos or threads on it. You can find the FCB on ebay for 149.00 and I think the Prom is 30.00. No idea on how much the Roland is. Their stuff is fairly expensive but is generally very well built. I just figured I'd offer an option

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-11-2013, 09:28 AM

Thanks Sunburst I appreciate your opinion

All I want to do is control the eleven rack on stage. The Midi mates runs new for about 200.00 haven't checked ebay. Guitar center tech said it was best for 11 r when I bought it. I saw the posts by Benoni on the two devices and the video on installing the chip for the berringer. I agree it appears very painless and throw in the fact that should I have an issue with it I can find help here should I need, it makes either of the two a no brainer

The Roland sells for 399.00 at guitar center and since I bought the pro coverage on the midi mate they are willing to give me a full credit on the midi mate costing me 143.00.

I contacted Jim at rocktron tech support and he told me 99% of the time the problem is the midi cable he advised me to replace it so I will. should that fail good bye midi mate . I'll post what happens with the cable replacement.

Thanks again
Old 04-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Issue resolved

Turns out it was a cable issue after all. I mentioned in a previous post that the cable transmitted midi data from an alesis sr-18 to ER sucessfully. I was un aware that the two devices transmit date on different pins, lesson learned. I hope this helps someone else along the way. Thanks everyone for all your help