Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2009, 06:18 PM

Default 8.0.1/8.0 Selection Weirdnesses

So, I updated all seven of my machines to 8. Really no problems once I figured all the plug-in updates that also needed doing. Six of the seven machines were running perfectly, but one kept having odd selection behavior in the edit window. Here's what I found.

At some point in a session (it varies) the numbers on the timeline disappear (doesn't matter what you're counting here as it happens with frame rates, bars/beats, etc). Once that occurs, if you select any region by any method, the selection occurs about 2.4 tracks ABOVE the what I intend to select.

OK, everything's pretty new so I did the 8.0 cs3 update - problems persists.

Hear about the 8.0.1 update and do that too. - problem persists.

Trashing databases and prefs helps, but problem reoccurs soon.

Found out the the timeline numbers are actually floating ABOVE the edit window by the same amount as the selections. Any ideas?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 PM

Default Re: 8.0.1/8.0 Selection Weirdnesses

Saw that today for the first time in awhile on a Woodcrest 2.66 / 3GB / 10.5.5 / 8.0cs3. Group of drums selecting off and above. Annoying.

Also, selecting in Slip feels like I'm in a really tight Grid mode. Like 16th notes. Not smooth at all.

The Harpertowns and Nehalems here do a bit better - but the group selection thing is awful.

I'm actually running combo 10.5.8 now as I've had -9073's on 18 tracks 24/48 - sometimes PT breaks the take at 3 minutes, sometimes it'll let me go to 12 minutes with no problem. Brand new Glyph (FW800) - record allocation set to 20 minutes (instead of the default ALL).

Switching to 7.4 on the same machine (10.4.11) has no problem printing 18 (jazz band, nothing funky) other than being 7.4 and SUPER BRIGHT compared to cutting 3 hours in 8!!

If I was trying to print at 96k, I'd understand. But the chief engineer here is transferring all the Cosby stuff from 2" - samemachine - at 24/96. The only difference is clients in the room. None for him, full band for me (and I'm throwing as much positive mentality at it as I can )