How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2023, 01:38 PM

Default Pro Tools Inner Circle AAX Plug-ins not showing in PT Insert Selector

Subject: Pro Tools Inner Circle AAX Plug-ins not showing in PT Insert Selector

I realize this subject may have been discussed to death previously but there are no current posts that specifically address Pro Tools Inner Circle AAX Plug-ins not showing in PT Insert Selector. So, please, no comments about scrubbing through endless old posts to which searching yields no answers.

First of all, I'm only using AAX plug-ins, not using Reaper since there's no need. Second of all, I have parsed postings in this forum for hints and tricks but nothing is working so far. Third, my Pro Tools installation is up-to-date 2023.12 as well as my macOS Ventura 13.6.3 (and please don't tell me to upgrade to Sonoma, since Avid (as of 12/20/2023) explicitly cautions users NOT to upgrade from the latest Venture macOS; in that all my interfaces and pre-amps are all current Avid hardware that Avid supports, I take this warning seriously.)

I have Redeemed/Downloaded/Installed & Activated multiple inner Circle plug-ins multiple times and they still do not show up in the Insert Selector.

Troubleshooting so far:
1) Downloaded and using PT Prefs 2 to verify AAX plug-in formats.
2) Checked various Mac system & user libraries for proper installation of AAX plug-ins in the correct directories.
3) Quit Pro Tools completely, deleted ~/Library/Preferences/Avid/Pro Tools/InstalledAAXPlugIns file & restarted Pro Tools.
4) Researched countless publisher-product-specific blogs, FAQ's, all documentation etc, all leading to no solutions.

Has anyone recently within PT 2023.9 & 2023.12 had this problem and even more importantly, has anyone solved the problem of getting Inner Circle plug-ins to show up in the PT Insert Selector. Re-scanning the plug-in and forcing a re-scan obviously is not working.

At this point, I'm questioning the value of "free" inner Circle plug-ins, in that after the arduous steps of redeeming, downloading/installing & activating multiple Inner Circle plug-ins, they still don't show up in the Insert Selector.

What the hell??????!!!!!!!!

Last edited by [email protected]; 12-20-2023 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Corrections
Old 12-20-2023, 02:05 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Inner Circle AAX Plug-ins not showing in PT Insert Selector

Hi Markjh10,

May I ask if you can share specific plugin/s that you're having problem with so we can try and reproduce the issue?
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 12-20-2023, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Inner Circle AAX Plug-ins not showing in PT Insert Selector

I've even deleted all preferences, including plug-in list several times to force pro Tools to re-scan AAX plug-ins but that's not working. The plug-ins below show up in their respective folders they were originally installed in but how can i get them to show on the insert selector?

I have attached the list. basically, it's EVERY Inner Circle plug-in that fails to show up in the insert selector:

Techivation T-Compressor
Mixup Audio
Soundsnap
UJAM Beatmaker Dope2
Krotos Studio Genesis Sound Pack
Predator-3 PL
Plugin Alliance – Pick a plugin
PSP Audioware
Landr
Inspired Acoustics - Inspirata Lite
Antares DUO
Minimal Audio Rift Filter Lite
Pro Sound Effects Oddyssey Collection: Design Elements pack
Newfangled Audio EQuivocate
DJ Swivel Spread
pureMix - tutorials
Groove3 — credits for books and tutorials
Impulse Record—Convology XT + plates
Pro Sound Effects | Foley Essentials & Producer's Pack
Sound Credit - Publisher app and Tracker plugin
IK Multimedia T-Rack 5 SE plugin
IK MultiMedia Amplitube 5 SE plugin
Tracktion — BioTek plugin
Sound Ideas—royalty - free music
Baby Audio — Comeback Kid plugin
Plugin Alliance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 17.17.35.jpg (31.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I've even deleted all preferences, including plug-in list several times to force pro Tools to re-scan AAX plug-ins but that's not working. The plug-ins below show up in their respective folders they were originally installed in but how can i get them to show on the insert selector?

I have attached the list. basically, it's EVERY Inner Circle plug-in that fails to show up in the insert selector:

Techivation T-Compressor
Mixup Audio
Soundsnap
UJAM Beatmaker Dope2
Krotos Studio Genesis Sound Pack
Predator-3 PL
Plugin Alliance – Pick a plugin
PSP Audioware
Landr
Inspired Acoustics - Inspirata Lite
Antares DUO
Minimal Audio Rift Filter Lite
Pro Sound Effects Oddyssey Collection: Design Elements pack
Newfangled Audio EQuivocate
DJ Swivel Spread
pureMix - tutorials
Groove3 — credits for books and tutorials
Impulse Record—Convology XT + plates
Pro Sound Effects | Foley Essentials & Producer's Pack
Sound Credit - Publisher app and Tracker plugin
IK Multimedia T-Rack 5 SE plugin
IK MultiMedia Amplitube 5 SE plugin
Tracktion — BioTek plugin
Sound Ideas—royalty - free music
Baby Audio — Comeback Kid plugin
Plugin Alliance
Thanks for the info, Mark!
Are they not visible on both Mono and Stereo Audio/Instrument Tracks?
(note that some of the bundles are loops/sound packs)

Please let us know.

Thank you!

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 12-20-2023, 03:42 PM
Avid

I've also started a support case for you to assist you further.
(Case 04730590)

Thanks

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 12-20-2023, 05:51 PM

It doesn't make a difference whether or not the track types are Audio, Instrument, Auxiliary or MIDI. Nor does it maker any difference if the track is Mono or Stereo.

Is there a folder I need to move these plug-ins to in order to force Pro Tools to load them upon start-up? Although the opening splash screen moves fast with the text below the Pro Tools/Avid logo, I've taken intermittent screen shots and I don't see the Inner Circle plug-ins even loading upon starting the DAW.

As I've said before, I see in both Finder and Pro Tools Workspace that the plug-ins are installed in various folders - yes, I've checked all format folders - AAX, VST, AU, etc. I'm thinking that Pro Tools is not finding and loading them upon startup because they are not in a default folder Pro Tools checks in as the DAW is running and a session is open. But I don't know that default folder Pro Tools looks in for AAX plug-ins.

Please advise. Unfortunately, as it stands now, perhaps the Ultimate license is nowhere the deal I originally thought it was, since I cannot access ANY of the Inner Circle plug-ins.

I'll remember this when my support agreement comes up for renewal next year.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:06 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It doesn't make a difference whether or not the track types are Audio, Instrument, Auxiliary or MIDI. Nor does it maker any difference if the track is Mono or Stereo.

Is there a folder I need to move these plug-ins to in order to force Pro Tools to load them upon start-up? Although the opening splash screen moves fast with the text below the Pro Tools/Avid logo, I've taken intermittent screen shots and I don't see the Inner Circle plug-ins even loading upon starting the DAW.

As I've said before, I see in both Finder and Pro Tools Workspace that the plug-ins are installed in various folders - yes, I've checked all format folders - AAX, VST, AU, etc. I'm thinking that Pro Tools is not finding and loading them upon startup because they are not in a default folder Pro Tools checks in as the DAW is running and a session is open. But I don't know that default folder Pro Tools looks in for AAX plug-ins.

Please advise. Unfortunately, as it stands now, perhaps the Ultimate license is nowhere the deal I originally thought it was, since I cannot access ANY of the Inner Circle plug-ins.

I'll remember this when my support agreement comes up for renewal next year.
Can you post a video of your Pro Tools work flow where track creation and plugin selection can be seen?
Just want to be sure we’re on the same page on how to load virtual instruments/plugins and loops that are part of the innercircle bundle.

Thanks!

www.topedomingo.com
Old 12-21-2023, 01:10 PM

Tope -

I cannot attach the video file I made of my workflow. I';m sorry. I simply cannot make it short enough or compress it enough to make it small enough to post.

Please send me an e-mail address to send the video of my workflow to and I will send it to you that way.

[email protected]

As a side note, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I basically have a default installation of Pro Tools, all Avid hardware drivers and default installation of all plug-ins included with Inner Circle membership. They are present in their folders in Finder but do not show up in the Insert Selector no matter how many times I blow away ALL preferences including AAX Plug-in Preferences. Thanks.