Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2002, 12:31 AM

Default PT 6.0... bug fixes??

Hey digi's, are the fade bugs fixed in 6.0?
You know the ones that creat non half-fades at the beginning and end of a batch fade.

How bout...

--Sample rounding BUG.

--Automation scrolling the edit window to holly hell when you need it to stay put.

--After you "skip all fades" the session will forever ask for that missing fade ( unless you "save copy in")

--THe audio bin file names having differnt size fonts for regions and files...so that you cant see at a glance if all the files have the same path. THe bold letters are good idea, but they should be the same size!

--When you are zoomed in close and you go to select an insert point, but you are in grid mode, and the point you try to click on is in-between a grid point, so the window snaps to another location and you are lost. ARRRRGGGGGHHH!!!

--The triangle pop up button on the track name (in the edit window) has the exact same choices as the pop up right next to it (mini,small,...large, extreme)
WHy do we need two pop ups right next to eachother that have the exact same options. This pop up should be used for the track options "Waveform,Volume, pan...etc..". As it is now, those pop up options are found in the pop up that is on the track name. Wast of spcae. Not to mention that I , and every single other user that I have watched, ALWAYS accidently cliks on te triangle first and then says " oops," Then goes to the correct pop up location. Just a poor design.

--When you are importing tracks you can only select multiple tracks if they are listed next to eachother. Shift clicking does nothing to solve the issue. YOu must select a track go through the proccess and start completely over to get the other track/s you need.

Not really a bug but... Please stop giving fades the priority to prevent a movement of a region. IF the fade disapears...who cares, make it again.

MORE LATER.....
Old 10-24-2002, 09:38 AM

Default Re: PT 6.0... bug fixes??

I completely agree and support and wonder if all this is going to get fixed.
I make beats - Love that line
Old 10-24-2002, 01:14 PM

Well Im usre there is still alot of work to be done.. But Im just tryin to stay positive about 6.0 Becuase I plan on upgrading as early as possible.. Looking foward to utilizing my dual proccesors.. The crappy thing for me is I just bought a 002 and that wont even be supported on the realease of pt 6.0 [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] No biggie tho.. All good things are worth the wait..
Old 10-24-2002, 05:40 PM

Surely as Protools had to be completely rewritten for OSX, the bugs should be gone - they wouldnt re-write the same bugs in again - right Digi? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The litlle triangle Pop-up button to select mini,small... is still there in the screenshot though!!! (man, I'm a geek ! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

The thing I that concerns me most now is the lack of RTAS softsynths - OK people want Re-wire support - this will probably never happen so Digi should at least be doing their best to get third parties to develop RTAS soft synths - how come theres no McDSP S1 RTAS version. Anyone know?

If Digi were really being progressive/inventive they should have an integrated software sampler built into Protools - along-side the create Midi/Audio track another option of create sampler track would appear where some kind of joint Midi/Aux input track would be created. What do you think?

Nocturnal
Old 10-25-2002, 12:06 AM

I'd guess Digi is too. Most likely they are scrambling jsut to get it working at all before the Jan 2003 no more OS9 support on the new macs.

We have no plans on upgrading for at least 6 months after it's inital release. We feel that, because of Apples killing off of OS9, forcing software manufacturers like Digi to either release OSX versions or abandon the Apple/Mac market, that any initial releases will at best be what would have been beta versions. We cannot afford to beta test with clients. Fortunately there are many anxious to use PT and OSX, so there will be many who will work the bugs out for Digi, all the while paying for the privelage. Our thanks in advance to all of you.

Just expressing our opinions on the subject. we may be totally wrong, and I hope know, but I fear this will be the case.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:12 AM

i'm a broken record, but i hope 6.0 has ReWire support.
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 12:25 AM

I hope you guys realize that pt 6.0 realease is 3 months away and they have already been beta testing realease candidates for a while now.. I doubt PT 6.0 is going to be as buggy as everyone thinks.. Of course there are going to be bugs.. (there always will) but you guys talk like they just started developing it now and realeasing a rush job in 3 months.. Dont you think they have been working on pt for osx for a while now??. Im sure it is that much of a rush job..
From what I understand (from the aes show and stuff) PT 6.0 seems to be pretty stable already in beta form.. I wouldnt expect a crappy rushed realease from digidesign..
Old 10-25-2002, 12:31 AM

Baked

Anyone who was at AES and saw them running 6.0 knows that it still has some major work before it's ready for prime time.

The beta was throwing assertion errors every 5 seconds.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 10-26-2002, 01:51 AM

We can request features all day long, and get some and not get others.
THe intrest I have right now, is wether or not the above listed BUGS have been identified and fixed.
Im sure most bugs are simply oversights. So, I think it usefull to point them out while the app is being finnished.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:19 AM

Chompers, nice job pointing out some bugs! Add to your list the midi bug whereby you have to zoom in all the way to select notes.

Maybe we should start a new thread that lists all of the existing, documented bugs (NOT feature requests). Then we could approach Digi collectively about fixing some of these. Just an idea.... Anyone else want to start the thread? I'll start compiling my list!