Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2001, 12:25 AM

Default just installed PT Free-system freezes

Hi--I'm using a mac g4 OS 9 (single processor). I thought I might have conflicts with my OMS 2.3.7 software so I searched my machine for anything having to do with OMS--drivers, extensions, etc and put them all in a "disabled folder", so that there would not be system conflicts. Then I ran the install of OMS 2.3.8 as well as PT Free and if I try to run either PT Free or OMS Manager my system locks up. Any advice?
Old 01-28-2001, 11:08 AM

Default Re: just installed PT Free-system freezes

Sounds quirky. You might try saving your Old OMS stuff on disc somewhere, then totally cleaning off all PTF and OMS stuff. Then, try totally reinstalling. It probably won't take too long. Might help. That's about the only suggestion I have. If you've already tried that, you'll have to wait for someone wiser.