Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2001, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Any Cd Architech/Plextore users to help me?

Also I am curious about yamaha cd burners with the use of Sound Architech. Anybody here using the two together?
Old 08-06-2001, 03:10 PM

I had nothing but problems with CD Architect and burners over 4x. It seems that CD Architect is no longer in production. The list of CD burners it supports right out of the box is very limited (mostly SCSI burners). I tried to use it with my Philips 8x burner but CD Architect wouldn't recognize it. I downloaded the upgrade (longer list of burners supported including IDE burners) off of the Sonic Foundry website in hopes that my burner would be recognized. No such luck. I had to take an old 4x burner (also Philips) out of my old 500 Mhz Athlon PC (about 2 or 3 years old). That burner was finally recognized. My advice to you is go to the Sonic Foundry website and look at the list of supported drives. Then go find an old 4x burner (from the supported list) at some second hand PC shop or even Ebay.

You know, this wouldn't be a problem if Digidesign made Masterlist for PC......

That being said, CD Architect works well for me with a supported burner (albeit a slower one). [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2001, 03:47 PM

CD Architect 4.0g gives you support for atapi/Ide cd burners. I use it with a 16x Yamaha CDRW...No problems. The first time you launch CD Architect, It asks you if you want to enable Atapi/IDE drives in the registry so that CDA can see them. Choose yes and restart. Then everytime you start CDA, You have to select the drive type, adapter, and host from pull down menus. I know it seems like alot to go though, But it works for me.

My system:
1Ghz Athlon
512 ram
2 40Gb IBM Drives

Scott Owens
Old 08-06-2001, 07:52 PM

Wow, how weird [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I saw the option to pick the atapi/IDE drive but it never seemed to "take" for lack of a better term. I could never get it to see my burner no matter what I did until I am using version 4.0 as well.
Old 08-07-2001, 12:07 AM

Default Any Cd Architech/Plextore users to help me?

Does anybody know if I will be able to use my CD Architech (a CD 'burning' plugin from Sonic Foundry SoundForge4.5 's) with The new PlexWriter™ 24/10/40A E-IDE (ATAPI) drive? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]