How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2021, 11:16 AM

Default The sound of PT renewal sighing again

Hello,

With lots of systems to keep up with each year it's quite the process to make sure the renewals happen on time, especially now that we're forced into subscription to remain current if we don't renew on time. Some of our system IDs will not allow me to enable auto-renew, some will, and auto-renew has not been reliable for us in the past.

With 5 different dates between the systems and accounts I now have calendar reminders, other engineers set to remind me, etc. just to keep up with a PT renewal system that has failed us numerous times.

Woke up this morning to a reminder that some number of our PTU systems were set to auto-renew, which means check to verify it occurred as it has failed in the past. Avid sent an email indicating something did. How many systems? Don't know. At what cost? Don't know. Where's the receipt? Don't know.

Logged in to one of the Avid accounts for some of the systems, three were set to auto-renew, it appears the three did. It worked this time. Where is my receipt? These are production systems, the accountants care about this, where is my receipt?

A number of years ago I pulled some of the systems off auto-renew just for this reason, I renewed them manually so I could get a receipt. I was assured in an Avid case that this was fixed, I set them back to auto-renew - no receipt.

We have two more systems from another client renewing in two weeks. I'm betting I won't get receipts for that either.

Anyone know where to get that without starting another Avid case?

The sound of sighing again.....
Hugh