How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2008, 06:10 AM

Default Gigastudio \"Stop Error\"

Hey everyone,
I recently got Gigastudio 3 and installed it with no problems. EDIT: and updated to the latest patch! I don't have a GCSIF sound card (or whatever it's called) so I'm running the program rewire to my through Pro Tools. The program runs fine and I've experienced no errors, however when I let me computer idle a "stop error" occurs from the Gigastudio Drivers:

Follow these steps to solve the problem with a device driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Troubleshooting

Depending on which situation is applicable to you, do one of the following:

* If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your computer, the problem might be caused by the device driver. Use the Dell Driver Reset Tool or uninstall the driver.

How do I disable or uninstall a device driver?
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. If you are using Classic View, click Switch to Category View.
2. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
3. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
4. Click the plus sign (+) next to the faulting device. You should now see the device listed.
5. Right-click the device, and then click Disable or Uninstall.
* If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. Try uninstalling the software.

How do I uninstall a program in Windows XP?
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Click Change or Remove Programs, click the program you want to remove, and then click Change/Remove or Remove.
* If you don't know the specific driver or software, try performing a System Restore.
* Go online and check for updated drivers on the Microsoft Update website.
* For information about your support options, go online to the Support.Dell.Com website.

Windows prompted me to take these actions but unfortunately I don't know what drivers Gigastudio installs. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the help! Gigastudio isn't coming up as an option. I guess the last think I could do is uninstall the program or do a system restore but I'd rather not have to do that if it's a driver I can fix.
I currently have an Mbox 2 and here are my drivers:
- Audio Codecs
- Axiom 49 USB Driver (the midi controller I use)
- Axiom USB MIDI Driver
- Digidesign Mbox 2 Audio Driver
- Digidesign Mbox2 Midi Driver
- Legacy Audio Drivers
- Legacy Video Capture Devices
- Media Control Devices
- SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Video Codecs

these are the items listed under "sound, video, and game controllers." I'm assuming the problem is from here.

I'm running Windows XP.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Parker
Old 02-05-2008, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Gigastudio \"Stop Error\"

I think you'd get more assistance posting here: http://www.learngigastudio.com/forum/

Good luck!
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.