Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2013, 03:59 AM

Default Midi Keyboard won't stay connected

Hi,

Pro Tools 11 growing pains I reckon.
Using M-Audio Axiom 49 midi controller. If I set up a new instrument track it controls the synth or whatever I want it to. If I close the project and restart or reboot, the keyboard will not work on that track but will work on a new instrument track. Driving me crazy. Hope someone has an answer.

Thanks in advance,
Donny
Old 07-28-2013, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Midi Keyboard won't stay connected

I just stumbled across this...if you create a new instrument track in a project the keyboard has gone dumb in, it will wake up the old track, at least most of the time. I had to change the instrument on a couple of the tracks to get the original instrument to come back to life. So it seems there is a a loss of connection that has to be awakened. Does anyone know of a midi keyboard for a reasonable sum that works properly with PT 11? Almost all of my software synths went dumb but thank you Spectrasonics for providing the Omnisphere beta that is working!

Donny