Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 05:25 AM

Default Question about adding an extra Accel card

So, I received my pro massive pack 5 today, along with the extra Accel card which I'm about to install.

Are there some preferences [like the Digi setup prefs] that I need to toss in order for PTHD to notice I have an extra card?

Its a G5 dual 2.7 [PCI-x] machine.
Also, I believe this model is sometime prone to the flex cable error with 3 cards. Any tips or tricks if I have this issue.

Thanks everyone.

PB
Old 09-21-2006, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Question about adding an extra Accel card

You shouldn't have to do anything special. After installing a card, the one thing I always do before launching Pro Tools is running DigiTest...it will (or should) see the new card and give it a good run through...then reboot, and you should be set.