Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 08:42 AM

Default Zooming into waveform / sample level : 7.2 bug ?

Hi,

I've had issues today when zooming to the sample level of a region : I couldn't fully see the waveform
It was like the zoom was stuck at a certain point and couldn't go further....
Have you seen this ?

Cheers,
A.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Zooming into waveform / sample level : 7.2 bu

This bug has been around since at least the beginnings of ProTools 6.

I've never known how to get around it, but then Rail posted something about it... Apparently it has to do with the session files having either tiny snippets of audio regions or automation breakpoints that are way, way down the timeline at the 12 hour limit of the protools session. If you switch the tracks to all display volume automation (option -) then you may be able to see the breakpoints and delete them.

I can't remember the command in the 'Edit' dropdown to delete all automation on selected tracks, but that would be the fastest way to get around it!

Good luck, and let us know if that fixes it!
Cheers, eh?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:46 AM

enable the ALL group, park the cursor at the end of your audio, select volume playlist (you may have to do mute as well) press option/command/return to select everything past the cursor and press delete.
HTH,
drew

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Zooming into waveform / sample level : 7.2 bug ?

I don't mean to get down on anyone here but could we please not say a problem is a bug until we have exhusted all the other options to solve it?
Old 09-14-2006, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Zooming into waveform / sample level : 7.2 bug ?

I don't mean to get down on anyone here but could we please not say a problem is a bug until we have exhusted all the other options to solve it?
Old 09-14-2006, 08:30 PM

Quote:
And I don't mean to get down on you, but are you serious? Just because there's a workaround doesn't mean that it's not a bug.

I don't expect my software to be bug-free, but I do expect--and I think I'm entitled to expect--that bugs be addressed as software matures into later versions. Especially as we keep paying for upgrades that don't necessarily include updates.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And I don't mean to get down on you, but are you serious? Just because there's a workaround doesn't mean that it's not a bug.

I don't expect my software to be bug-free, but I do expect--and I think I'm entitled to expect--that bugs be addressed as software matures into later versions. Especially as we keep paying for upgrades that don't necessarily include updates.
I am not saying that you should expect any software to be bug-free but you should also not assume that a problem that you can't resolve on your own is bug and post it as such on this or any other forum. Just post it as problem at first and see what feedback you get. There are so many variables in everyones systems that there could be many factors contributing to a problem. If there is a repeatable consensus on the issue then it is a bug.

To me posting "bug" on a forum like this is tantamount to yelling fire in a public place. We all come racing to the "bug" posts and many times just to realize that it is someone that is not aware of the intricacies of Pro Tools. I am just asking that you research your issues as much as possible before you use the "B" word.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:21 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your help but... that didn't solve the problem... only when working in the session because after closing and re-opening it the bug was still there !!!!
Digi, can you comment please ?
Cheers,
A.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:54 AM

Quote:
This bug has been around since at least the beginnings of ProTools 6.

I believe this bug has been around from the very beginning (at least version 4). What a pain in the rear! I've had sessions with live recordings where the audio I'm working with is hours into the timeline, and there is no workaround without removing time in front of the bit I'm working on (not a good option). This one should have been fixed years ago.

STeve
Old 09-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Avid

Could you possibly take a screenshot of what you're seeing and send it to [email protected]?

The files don't happen to be locked, do they?