Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2014, 07:02 PM

Default how can I get ProTools 10 to load Komplete 10 plug-ins?

I just purchased and installed Komplete 10 from Native Instruments, and I'm trying to learn how to use virtual instruments. Since I'm doing mostly classical music for the time being, I'll be working primarily with the VSL orchestral samples included in Kontakt 5.
First question: How do I get the the Kontakt 5 instrument packages to appear in the Inserts A - E of an Instrument track in ProTools 10?
After I installed Komplete 10 and opened ProTools, I got a pop-up entitled "Move Unauthorized Plug-ins" that listed all of Komplete 10's AAX plug-ins, and stated "ProTools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key was not connected, or the plug-in was damaged." What is meant by "valid authorization", and where is it supposed to be found? My iLok key is connected, and I don't have any way of knowing whether or not the plug-ins were damaged. (I'm assuming they weren't, since the installation went smoothly.) After a successful installation, only the standard plug-ins included in ProTools are offered as inserts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg problem1.jpg (32.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-26-2014, 11:40 PM

Default Re: how can I get ProTools 10 to load Komplete 10 plug-ins?

Most likely the NI AAX plugins are 64-bit only, which means they are meant for PT11

As you have PT10 which is still 32-bit it means you most probably will need to install RTAS versions of the plugs instead of AAX.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:32 PM

Use NI's service Center and authorize your computer to your NI account
Old 10-28-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
Use NI's service Center and authorize your computer to your NI account
In addition to that run each of the instruments in standalone mode before running in PT.

You'll probably also find that when you run Service Center that there are updates for your NI plugins. More likely than not what's on the dvd's is NOT the latest version and that's normal for NI or any other developer that does dvd distribution.

One thing you will find is that there is no longer RTAS support from NI because when they came up with the Komplete Kontrol thing that also dropped RTAS install. If you have an old install of Komplete it will not overwrite or delete the RTAS plugins.

QAPLA!
Old 10-28-2014, 12:17 PM

I am running Komplete 10 Ultimate on Protools 10. All plugins are the AAX versions and they are all running fine. There is no reason why the AAX plugins should not run on PT10. I am on a MacPro 2x2.93 GHz 6core +24 cores) Intel Xeon with 24 GB RAM and OSX 10.8.5. Protools is 10.3.7 and I have an HD3 Accel system. Update all your plugins via NI's service centre, it should work.

Cheers, Bob.

PS I am assuming you activated Komplete 10 via service centre? Otherwise of course none of the software will work.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:27 PM

I have Komplete 10 (not Ultimate), and I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate. My version of Protools is 10.3.2. My computer has an I-5 core, and 8 GB of RAM. After I had installed Komplete 10, and I opened ProTools, a pop-up appeared titled "Move Unauthorized Plug-ins". It lists the AAX plug-ins in Komplete 10, and aks you if you want to move these plug-ins to the "Plug-Ins (Unused) folder". I didn't know how to answer this question, so I just clicked the pop-up off. Should I have answered Yes? If so, how do I get that pop-up to reappear?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg problem1.jpg (32.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-28-2014, 07:38 PM

Hey

Did you check this post as it seem to have helped others

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ols-10.228025/

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-29-2014, 12:06 AM

All this seems to me to be very strange. Having to go to 10.3.9 (beware of THE bug in 10.3.9!) to have your NI stuff running. It runs fine in 10.3.7, both version 9 for over a year and now just recently version 10. So there has to be something else that is not OK. Try downloading the updates, try opening a few items in standalone mode first, and then try again in protools.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:06 AM

Looks like the solution in Christopher's post is to start each instrument in standalone mode, and register it from there. Not sure how this will affect the non-instrument plug-ins, though.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Looks like the solution in Christopher's post is to start each instrument in standalone mode, and register it from there. Not sure how this will affect the non-instrument plug-ins, though.
No. The way to do this is to register everything through NI Service Center first; download any updates; apply the updates and then run each vi in standalone mode first with Service Center closed. Does not apply to the effects though as with the exception of Guitar Rig 5 none of the others will run in standalone mode.

Long time NI user (back before there was Komplete anything) so this isn't my first rodeo.

QAPLA!