Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 05-31-2012, 06:59 PM

Default Unable to Locate hardware

I have purchased 3 Mboxes complete with a pro tools express software. I have installed the mbox as instructed, I then download the pro tools software, and then the ilok key configuration, once the licence was downloaded onto the ilok key, I installed the pro tools express software, ran it and I get the unable to locate hardware message. I have reinstalled pro tools, with no change in the error message. I think I have followed all the complex procedures, but still nom luck, any help would be appreciated
Old 05-31-2012, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Unable to Locate hardware

a) did you install the mBox driver? sounds like you did
b) hold the N key down when launching PT to open the playback engine

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 PM

Question Re: Unable to Locate hardware

Thanks for the reply, yes the mbox software and drivers were installed as per the instructions, and I tried to launch Pt with the N key pressed, no difference.

As I'm a newbie at audio software and hardware would it be worth trying to remove the mbox completely, and reinstall the pro tools first and then install the hardware, also would it help or be needed to have some input or output connected to the actual mbox, also, because the motherboard has an on baord sound card, would an actual; sound card help ?

probably some naive questions, but thanks for the assist guys
Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Unable to Locate hardware

I hope you've come right.
I had the same problem and it was because the driver that came with the MBOX Mini was probably broken or something. I contacted support and they gave me the following link:

http://www.avid.com/drivers

just downloaded the newest MBOX Mini driver, installed it and it worked!