Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 12-06-2016, 10:24 AM

Default Error: Missing Ilok, how to fix?

I recently moved into my first home, I don't currently have the internet, but I was able to get my Pro tools express up and running No problem, until yesterday!!!!

I let my step kids use pro tools when they get home from school and yesterday I had to go on to do some dithering of a project, when I quickly realize that I am completely locked out of Pro Tools Express.

I noticed my Ilok was loose from the USB housing, So I snapped that back into place and I got the solid blue light back on. Even though I fixed the Ilok it is telling me it can not find it and to register my product.

I just went on Ilok.com from my phone and all my licenses are there.

I am assuming I am going to have to take the entire computer over to a friends house that has internet?

Im not sure what caused this problem, so im not sure how to fix it. Can anyone help?
Old 01-05-2017, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Error: Missing Ilok, how to fix?

It seems your iLok might be broken (your licenses show up in your iLok account anyway, after all they're valid and iLok doesn't know what condition the iLok is in). In that case you will have to get a new one and recover the licenses from all the publishers that you have licenses from on that iLok (e.g. Waves if you have Waves plugins, ...)
In my experience with most publishers that's very easy, you just drop them an e-mail and they will generally quickly recover your licenses to your iLok account so you move them to a different iLok. Except for Avid, you will have to buy a specific support ticket (about 35 dollars if I remember correctly) and call them on the phone.

Another thing you can do if you're living in the States is getting a ZDT from iLok (it's on their site) and have them send a replacement iLok with the licenses on it. However shipping will take some time and shipping costs are quite ridiculous if you live abroad.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Error: Missing Ilok, how to fix?

Are you running Windows?

If you are it's possible that the Pace License Manager service is not running. It's supposed to automatically start, but it doesn't always start. If you search Windows for Services you can find the Pace License Manager service. If it's not running just start it. That worked for me several times. Then I changed it's startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start), and I haven't had the problem since. With Delayed Start it will take over two minutes for the service to start when you boot the PC though.
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs