Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Structure LE problem importing Kontakt libraries

I installed Structure LE over the weekend. The built in libraries work great. As I tried to import some other 'supported' formats I noticed some issues. I wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this or if it's just my system. (MacBook Pro, PT 7.3.1, OSX 10.4.10).

EXS24 libraries work OK.
Kontakt libraries import, but are all monophonic (regardless of settings)

Has anyone else seen this? If it's something I need to change on the library to re-save it I will, but I can't find a setting to change this (in either the parts or the patch).

And another thing I've noticed that I don't like: If I try to import a set of samples that are not multisamples (first I noticed was on a set of different vocal 'snippets') and the number of samples exceeded the number of keys available then it will map multiple samples to a single key. It wouldn’t be a big deal except for the fact there is no count of samples in the browser window (where I was loading them from). Just the names. I had to guess how many samples I was dragging over to make sure that it wouldn’t map two samples to a single key.

I guess I’m saying it would be nice to get a confirmation asking if you want to have multiple samples map to a single key (when mapping chromatically) if the number of samples is greater than the number of keys available for mapping (depending on the settings chosen). Or maybe add a column to the browser window that shows the sample number (starting at 1 and going up) so if I know I have 88 keys available (or less depending on which key I start on and if I use black keys) I don’t try and drag more samples than what I know is available.

Just a thought.

James Abbott

002, ProTools 7.3.1cs5, MacBook Pro
Strike, Structure LE, Xpand, McDSP, Reason
More money than talent!