Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2023, 02:23 AM

Default My Pro Tools Studio iLok Licence Disappeared

Hey all,

Happy New Year!

So, first day back in the studio after the holidays, and PT is only seeing my elderly perpetual standard licence (so it's not booting as Ultimate it's booting as vanilla)

I had an NFR of PT Ultimate which expired on the 1st January, so that sort of explains what's going on.... Except that I do also have a current subscription to PT Studio, and I can't seem to see a licence for that anywhere in the iLok app.
I have all the usual add ons (like the complete plugins bundle and HEAT etc) which are showing as current subscriptions (with the little green icon thingy), but no actual Protools Subscription licence seems to be there.

Might it be that the NFR has deleted my paid-for subscription by mistake..?

Is there a way I can retrieve an iLok asset? I can't seem to find out how to do that. Must be possible (like if your iLok is damaged etc..)

Thanks in advance!
Antelope Orion 32, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5,
UAD Quad PCIe
Old 01-04-2023, 03:14 AM

Default Re: My Pro Tools Studio iLok Licence Disappeared

I am not sure how far back a current subscription will activate Pro Tools. But way back at 2021.7 Pro Tools studio was Pro Tools Standard…. Are you sure your license was not activating that?

Your current subscription license key may also just not be on your physical iLok. Did you look in your iLok account at all licenses including ones not activated/installed to the iLok? Or maybe it was activated as a cloud license?

Why do you want to recover a license from a broken iLok? If you did not break or lose a physical iLok where this license you are trying to find was installed on then all that is irrelevant.

Beyond that you may need to file a support case with Avid or you might get lucky if somebody from Avid sees this and can look at your account.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:34 AM

Default Re: My Pro Tools Studio iLok Licence Disappeared

Ah.... Got it... Because I was running 2021.7 the PT Studio licence wasn't giving me Ultimate...

Upgraded to 2022.12 and all sorted.

Thanks man
Antelope Orion 32, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5,
UAD Quad PCIe