Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Return of Lexiverb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Huh? I guess you have zero knowlege of all the new TDM plug-ins that have recently come out.
If you think Digi is going to stop making cards and introduce dedicated external USB and Firewire DSP you are seriously clued out.
Read what I said again. I never said anything about USB or Firewire. Just moving the DSP off the cards to a box. Just a guess anyway, relax.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Lexiverb - Too little, too late, for way too much.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Huh? I guess you have zero knowlege of all the new TDM plug-ins that have recently come out.
If you think Digi is going to stop making cards and introduce dedicated external USB and Firewire DSP you are seriously clued out.
Digi should move the DSP to an external box. It would solve a lot of problems. My guess is that will be the next version of the HD product line.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
Digi should move the DSP to an external box. It would solve a lot of problems. My guess is that will be the next version of the HD product line.
Is there an echo in here??

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
And since Lexicon is a newbie in plugins area (don't count Lexiverb), e.t.c
unless you are old enough to have used and remember the nuverbs ... By far the best tdm reverbs ever made. Tho those were really lex 300s on nubus cards with a tdm connection. Those were the best.... Different league than lexiverb. Having owned nuverbs, lexiverb a real 480 and a 960 I personally can not wait to have a real lexicon reverb in the box again!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Reverb???
ACOUSTICAS
MacPro 8 core
www.btruitt.com
Old 10-12-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
Reverb???
ACOUSTICAS
Yeah.... I have thier impluses....and they are very nice...as a matter of fact doing a shootout with my real 480 and 960 convinced me to sell them both.... But in actual use turns out I miss the real lex sound.... If you have used both... You will know what I mean... They sound close but the real one is just more alive.... Plus being able to dial in the setting live rather than testing out different impulses is a different experience...
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
Lexiverb - Too little, too late, for way too much.
For those of us that used all of Lexicon Verbs ie; 224, 300, 480L, 996L, and LexiVerb for OS9, not to mention all the delay and PCM versions prior to this, too little, too late for ANY amount of money.
Price is not the issue here by now. Way too late to the party. All of us that actually know what this product was most likely have moved on by now. My AltiVerb responses were created before I sold my hardware versions of your products. How could you have not seen this coming? Oh yeah, I remember. You were bought by Harmon. The same people that turned dbx, AMEK, AKG, JBL, Crown, Studer and some others into crappy consumer products.
Rest in peace Lexicon, I'll hold fond memories of what you once were and what you could have been.
Knobturner
Old 10-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Impulse responses do not and cannot sound like modulation-dependent synthetic reverbs like those from Lexicon, Bricasti, AMS, and the EMT 250.

I refer you to Casey from Bricasti if you want an explanation (he hangs on GS). His bemusedly allowing acousticas to capture impulses of his product and sell them says how threatened he feels by IR reverbs.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
Impulse responses do not and cannot sound like modulation-dependent synthetic reverbs like those from Lexicon, Bricasti, AMS, and the EMT 250.

I refer you to Casey from Bricasti if you want an explanation (he hangs on GS). His bemusedly allowing acousticas to capture impulses of his product and sell them says how threatened he feels by IR reverbs.
Your last sentence is unclear. However, I have personally sampled IR's from my previously owned Lexicon equip. I ACTUALLY listened to the difference, as opposed to taking the word of a forum poster, who may be in their own right a qualified source. For the reverb decay times I needed from Lexicon, I was able to IR replicate with Altiverb. This may not work for every/anyone else. It worked for me.
Now I've moved on to worrying about getting mixes that the lead vox is overtuned.