Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2001, 11:37 PM

Default the track is there, but the d@mn thang won\'t play???

Anyone else get this? I open a session and it consistantly won't play my lead vocal track until I create a new track and shift it there. It works perfectly. Then, when I save and close/re-open that session, I have to do the process again. I've tried changing voices, which shouldn't be an issue since I'm running 30 tracks on 64 playback.
OS 8.6
V 5.1
????
thanks [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2001, 12:24 AM

Default Re: the track is there, but the d@mn thang won\'t play???

Open and close all the plug-in windows on that track.
Hope that helps,
E

[ August 29, 2001: Message edited by: Knobturner ]
Old 08-29-2001, 07:28 AM

It could be a corrupt session… I had this exact problem, but it was embedded in an aux bus. Throw away your DAE prefs & Digisetup & then restart. You'll have to reassign your hardware, etc… all standard PT stuff.

Then create a new session w/same bit depth, sample rate & start time as problem session, and use File > Import Tracks (refer to original media) to import ONLY the lead vocal from problem session into new session & verify that it'll play. If so, then import small groups of tracks & check for vocal playback after each import process. You should quickly be able to determine if an existing track is causing the grief. Also try removing plug-ins from vocal channel to make sure nothing's corrupted there.

FYI, the import process doesn't handle cue points/markers or groups, so that stuff will have to be done over… good luck.

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 08-30-2001, 10:58 AM

Not discounting Brian's suggestion, I had this happen with one particular file not necessarily an entire track. In that instance I was able to select the file and choose "consilidate". File played back normally again after that. Knobturner's comment about the plugin is valid too, especially if you are using Bomb Factory (I think) plugs. I don't use them but I believe I've read posts about the BF plugs "falling asleep" after a certain amount of time. Make them active and audio should return. Hope you get it figured out.
Old 08-30-2001, 01:06 PM

I have been plagued with this today on a track with Metric halo channel strip TDM plugin. Never happened to me before.
It just won't play the track. Bypass won't do
I have to replace the plugin with another or none at all and all goes well
No idea where the problem comes from
(I have G4 +5.1.1)

Mark Haliday
Old 08-31-2001, 01:32 AM

I'ld also try rebuilding the desktop file.