Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Trouble with T-Racks Standalone - can\'t hear anyth

Bought T-Racks standalone for mastering - mostly because I got a great deal. However, it wouldn't work. Even after I downloaded the Digi Wave Driver - which allows me to use Media Player through the MBox - I still can't use T-Racks. The only way it would work is if I enabled the onboard sound in the MB. If it is not enabled, when I go to Control Panel - it indicates that there is no audio device - even though in the sound playback section it says to use the MBox as the default playback device. Apparently, T-Racks needs something as an audio device in the first tab of the sounds and audio devices dialog box in control panel. Bottom line - anyone ever come across this and is there a work around. T-Racks is useless to me as is right now.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Trouble with T-Racks Standalone - can\'t hear anyth

I know hindsight is 20/20, but you should have bought the T-Racks PLUG IN.

To my knowledge, all you can really do with the standalone is "master" an already mixed wav file.

To that end, it seems like a waste of disc space to me.

Then again, I bought the IK Studio Bundle, and I felt the same way about that.

Thank GOD IK let me transfer my lisence.

The Standalone should work with the ASIO driver, but not while ProTools is running.

It certainly WON'T work WITH ProTools, hence "Standalone."

Maybe IK would allow you to apply what you paid for the standalone towards the plugin?

As to your comment "T-Racks is useless to me right now," let me say this.

It was useless to me too, even when it was running fine.

Sorry for the brutal honesty.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Trouble with T-Racks Standalone - can\'t hear a

Resolved - The Digi MME helper got me up and running. As to your comments - I am beginning to see what you mean. Live and learn I guess.