Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2010, 08:59 PM

Default Template (where)

First time me setting up A template and now its asks me where to save it? I saved the folder on the desk top, hope that was right?
also what's the general consensus on a new session file type, *AIFF* or BWF (WAV.)

Old 08-09-2010, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Template (where)

I haven't used this feature yet, but it seems like you'd want to save it to the audio drive because it basically becomes a session like any other session (a PTF file). You can just resave it this way and trash the one on your desktop.

And WAV files are the most universal, if you really want to be safe.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
First time me setting up A template and now its asks me where to save it?
Personally, I save to the System under a User Template folder, as the Pro Tools Session Templates (.ptt) folder does in fact reside on your Local Disk (System Drive). Even when you uninstall Pro Tools the Session Templates folder is still present thus giving you the best location to save your user templates, IMO.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I haven't used this feature yet, but it seems like you'd want to save it to the audio drive because it basically becomes a session like any other session (a PTF file). You can just resave it this way and trash the one on your desktop.

And WAV files are the most universal, if you really want to be safe.
Actually, it is not a PTF. It is a PTT file.

You used to have to use the Mac "Stationary Pad" feature to use templates but now it is integrated.

My feeling is you should save it to "the system" option and just create a new category if the stock ones don't work for you.. That way it will be available from your startup screen (new session from template). Good to know that according to filo it is saved in the case of an uninstall.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
Actually, it is not a PTF. It is a PTT file.

You used to have to use the Mac "Stationary Pad" feature to use templates but now it is integrated.

My feeling is you should save it to "the system" option and just create a new category if the stock ones don't work for you.. That way it will be available from your startup screen (new session from template). Good to know that according to filo it is saved in the case of an uninstall.
Thanks folks, I saved on the system and now it resides on the desk top, A noob question, now when I use the template from the desk top it won't save the new session I use on the system drive because of that right?

Also I tried a session with the WAV. but it wouldn't play on Itunes?

Old 08-10-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Thanks folks, I saved on the system and now it resides on the desk top, A noob question, now when I use the template from the desk top it won't save the new session I use on the system drive because of that right?

Also I tried a session with the WAV. but it wouldn't play on Itunes?
I think you may be mixed up about "the system"

I don't mean the system drive, I mean the option from within the "save as Template..." pop up. This is the top radio button in that window. It shouldn't be on the desktop, it should be in the Applications/Digidesign/Protools/session templates/<sub-folder>
Old 08-10-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I think you may be mixed up about "the system"

I don't mean the system drive, I mean the option from within the "save as Template..." pop up. This is the top radio button in that window. It shouldn't be on the desktop, it should be in the Applications/Digidesign/Protools/session templates/<sub-folder>
Thanks flommer, yea I did go to the top and save template and it saved a folder on my desktop? thanks again bud.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Are you being presented with this window:

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...astemplate.png

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...stemplate2.png

If so, all those different categories are just folders in the Session Templates folder.. If you make a new category then it should create a new folder there and allow you to save your template there.

If this is not what you are seeing then I'm not sure what the problem might be...

Are you using PT8?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Are you being presented with this window:

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...astemplate.png

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...stemplate2.png

If so, all those different categories are just folders in the Session Templates folder.. If you make a new category then it should create a new folder there and allow you to save your template there.

If this is not what you are seeing then I'm not sure what the problem might be...

Are you using PT8?
Thats it flommer, thank you bratha, have a great week