How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2013, 04:37 AM

Default Audio playback problems

Hi,

I've recently started to transition over from Pro Tools 10 to 11 now that all of my VI's have AAX64 support. I have found that PT11 has no audio playback, when I load an instrument or open a previous PT10 session all loads as it should and I get feedback from the channel meters, yet no sound. If I close PT11 and open the same project in 10 I have full playback. I also have a similar problem with my MIDI Keyboard (Studiologic Numa Nero), in that when I open PT11 the keyboard seems to make no connection, yet in 10 it works perfectly.

I am running an Mbox 3 Pro (All drivers up to date), PT 11.0.2 and PT 10.3.6 on a windows 7 pro machine. I have made sure the routing in Pro Tools is as it should be, have made all the recommended optimizations but I am a bit stuck now.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Audio playback problems

Have you checked in setup to make sure your interface is there and selected?
Also, have you downloaded both drivers for ten and eleven?

Disk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 11-24-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinningDisk View Post
Have you checked in setup to make sure your interface is there and selected?
Also, have you downloaded both drivers for ten and eleven?

Disk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Ah, sorry, should of mentioned that. Yeah, the interface is showing and selected (its the only audio device I have installed) and Yes I have downloaded both drivers but I may go back and check this again.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:34 AM

Also my Keyboard shows up and is selected in the MIDI devices list in PT11, yet is unresponsive. I have had both the audio and MIDI working previously
Old 11-24-2013, 04:53 PM

Look and see if the track outputs are showing in dark grey and italics(indicating non-working outputs). Also, make sure Input Only monitoring is not selected(Alt-K toggles this feature and it shows as ON by a green square to the right of the transport along the top of the EDIT window).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-24-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Look and see if the track outputs are showing in dark grey and italics(indicating non-working outputs).
Same applies to the I/O Setup, that's what happens to me all the time. Check the bus-tab of the I/O Setup for italics on the right side.

http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/index2.html
http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/vita.html
www.3-p.de
www.imglashaus.de
Old 11-26-2013, 02:51 AM

Thanks for your replies, I had already checked to make sure that all of my I/O were active, which they were. Admitedly, my MIDI keyboard problem was sorted with the MIDI Thru option. I found a strange solution for my lack of audio, I tried changing the H/W buffer from 256 to 1024 and then back to 256 this made the audio playback work, but I have to do this every time I open PT11.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benherron.rrr View Post
Thanks for your replies, I had already checked to make sure that all of my I/O were active, which they were. Admitedly, my MIDI keyboard problem was sorted with the MIDI Thru option. I found a strange solution for my lack of audio, I tried changing the H/W buffer from 256 to 1024 and then back to 256 this made the audio playback work, but I have to do this every time I open PT11.

Disable your mbox as the default playback device (control panel/hardware and sound/sound) when you want to use PT 11. At the moment this is an issue for us mbox pro users on windows along with the other issue of not being able to select different sample rates or getting a "unsupported sample rate" error message when creating a new session or opening a previously created one