Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 AM

Default Need to reinstall older versions of plug-ins. Where?

Hello,

While attempting to "clone" my startup drive two days ago, CCC hosed both my system drive and destination drive.

I had to reinstall everything, from OS 10.5.8 to PT HD 7.4.2 and all my plug-ins. Problem is that I can't locate certain plug-ins from the Avid site which are compatible with PT HD 7.4.2

These are: Reverb One, Smack, Echo Farm and the Pultec plugs.

I did try downloading the vs. 10 plugin for Reverb One but after launching the installer it gave me a message saying that the installer was empty.

So does anyone know where I can find the version compatible TDM/RTAS versions of these download installers?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Need to reinstall older versions of plug-ins. Where?

I'm pretty sure you can go to this page to download the plugins (which are for 7.2):

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...kbase&filter=0

And then this page to update them to 7.4:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oductCategory=
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 AM

Yes I know it is painful to find old plugin installers from avid.com which is a shame, really. I understand why Avid has chosen to keep the most recent versions available, but...

*COME ON*

If you want to install anything on a G4 PPC MIX system you're pretty much screwed if you don't have the installer CDs available. Yes we all know it is +10 years old but still, installers that small should not be a burden.

I myself would want to see a page where you would first select a plugin of interest, and then one would see EACH AND EVERY VERSION available to download.

Sorry, Avid, If I'm too straight with this but seriously you cannot assume that each and every one of your customers are running the latest and greatest. Nor you can assume that the tried-and-true systems are just abandoned because they are X years old. People need to re-install systems and I for one am not expecting to pay Y amount of support fee to get "an ancient" version of a plugin loaded. If I have paid for it, the download surely needs to be available. AND EASILY!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 AM

First off, thanks guys! Hopefully those 7.2 plugs are compatible with 7.4.2.

Secondly, I totally agree with you that this info should be easily available and accessible via the Avid support site/seach engine, which it's not. They should organize it better than it currently is.

Thanks again!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 AM

Sorry nst7! I initially missed the part about the 7.4 updater. I'm reading these posts from an iPhone so I didn't scroll down far enough.

Thanks again!