Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2008, 07:50 AM

Default Re: PT HD Now Compatible with Leopard...

Quote:

While, my dear DoggyDawg, for some people; money is no problem for some it is.

... the maximum number of licences i was able to put on a single iLok has been 114, before i needed a 2nd ...

strange argument

Quote:
While it indeed seem that your system is not OK - let me suggest that you read the manual or call digidesign for help.

Mr. "Know It All", the last thing i need is to read the manual nor call for help.

...must be a reason, why we never met at bbs...
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Mr. "Know It All", the last thing i need is to read the manual nor call for help.

...must be a reason, why we never met at bbs...

1 - I still read in the manual now and then... Cuz unless you're some kind of dork you wont be able to memorize that many pages by heart... Someone - stating that the last thing he ever needs to do is to read the PT manual is NOT a qualified user of the term BULL when it comes to others - as he is - indeed - himself - full of it. You'd qualify as the perfect farmer with all the manure you're spraying in my direction.

Ferocious - aren't I... Ha

2) bbs ???? - I dont know what that is... And Swim Champ, dont forget, just cuz I'm momentarily located in the city of rain an grim mooded people - doddent mean - I'm from here...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:55 PM

So how is Germany these days?

Kidding aside, I find 25ghosts' posts to be helpful.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:58 PM

yeah, 25ghosts is actually a very good poster.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:52 PM

Thanks guys...

I could understand being bashed if I would be making ranting posts about lots of stuff but this time all I've been doing is posting about my Leopard Experience...

So I really did not get the grasp on doggydawgs hostility towards me... Maybe he just had a bad emotional experience with Leopard and went berserk after seeing someone who actually managed or got lucky with it..

It was not until the release of Leopard that I felt that I was being as fast as on OS 9. So I am happy about Apple these days... And Digidesign for that matter for bringing 7.4 - really great version IMO
Old 02-13-2008, 03:33 PM

hey,

Thanks to 25ghosts to answer me about this specific question about the waves plugs in protools and leopard.
I know now, as i'm using only C4 from waves, for a specific project that i can really try to set up the new 8 core that came this morning to finish it in more confidence.

25ghots post a lot, post significantly in a personnal way, and that's why we like to look at the DUC : A look to what's unofficial, but in a pro way... thanks to him.. to you 25ghosts.
BTw, why 25 ????
Old 02-13-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:

hey,

Thanks to 25ghosts to answer me about this specific question about the waves plugs in protools and leopard.
I know now, as i'm using only C4 from waves, for a specific project that i can really try to set up the new 8 core that came this morning to finish it in more confidence.

25ghots post a lot, post significantly in a personnal way, and that's why we like to look at the DUC : A look to what's unofficial, but in a pro way... thanks to him.. to you 25ghosts.
BTw, why 25 ????

Why 25 - My whole life has evolved around the number 25. And the more I live the more I realize that during the day my soul changes... Around night - I am ALL there - thus all 25 parts of my soul or ghosts are present within me... In the morning when I wake - I only have one or two part of my full soul - and it takes time to gather them. And sometimes, they'll just swirl around on the outside until they decide to enter...w

It may sound weird but I really believe that my soul is comprised of 25 parts... I am not really sure whether I have found all the parts yet or if I'm still searching..

Anyway - that is the short story to why my artist name is Twenty V Ghosts
Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 PM

I have found a problem (at least in my 8core wich is the previous model with 10.5.2). When I change the playback engine an it needs a bigger amount of memory, protools give me an error: it is not able to change the system memory (protools memory allocation) Is any way to do it manually with some application or via console?
Old 02-14-2008, 05:23 AM

Any ideas....?
Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 AM

Hi there,

I have just tried to change the pb engine. No problem at all.

I can remember once, a situation where I had (in leopard) inserted an RTAS plug and after that I went to change the pb engine PT would crash -

Does this happen too when you create a new session and then change the pb engine - or only in your current session