Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2009, 02:38 PM

Default Re: HD3 3rd card not recognized

I called Digidesign they say that this is a known problem (to them) the solution is to send the 3 HD cards back to adjust them. This is a free update except for shipping $19.
SO Accel card working with older Mac Pro are not working with I7 nahalem newer Mac Pro when using 3 card. They say that 2 card will work but there is something new in the Mother board that prevents the third card to be recognize. SO Digidesign has a patch for it but the card needs to be fixed
(All three not just only one).
thank all be well and have a happpy holliday season making hit records
Eric
Old 12-22-2009, 12:41 AM

Default Re: HD3 3rd card not recognized

I talked to Digi today. They said that card #3 is NOT compatible with new mac pro. ???????? two might work (they did) but not the third one. Solution send them the 3 cards for repair/adjustment. It's for free - $19 shipping.
That's the official words from digi (After 3 hours on the phone -push button wait option - the usual).
If I had to have a revenge on those corporate magma I would own all the food supply and force them to order by phone. For bread press one for butter press 1765...for bonus press 911..... nothing personal ....
Am I the first one to try to install on a MAc Pro i7???? That is something that should be out in a major way.....

Have a happy holiday....
Eric
Old 12-29-2011, 01:09 PM

Default HD3 Accel Core card not recognized

I am experiencing the same issue-- my cards work perfectly in my Mac Pro 1,1 Quad Core "Woodcrest", but are not recognized in my Mac Pro 3,1 eight core "Harpertown".

I have tried every combination of card slots, Flex-Cable orientation, etc- including installing just the Accel Core PCIe card by itself with no luck so I think this compatibility issue may be the cause of the problem.

Does the incompatibility also apply to "Harpertown" Mac Pros? What is the procedure for upgrading the cards?

Thank-you for your help—