Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2012, 03:41 PM

Default Pro Tools 8 M-powered Installation Problems

First off I apologize if this has been a post already. I searched to see if it has been and could not find something with the same issues that I am having.

So this is my problem. I am trying to install Pro Tools 8 M-powered and every time it gets to the "running scripts" part of the install, it takes forever and never finishes. It also has gone through all the way once and then an error message came up saying it could not install the software.

I have repaired permissions on my Macbook, I have cleaned it up and taken all added plug-ins (docker, taskbar, misc crap that makes the screen look cool) and it still will not install. I even tried running the Uninstall to get rid of what has been put on and that will freeze up.

The ProTools icon will show up on my dock but when clicked shows a question mark or says something about drivers. But I cannot install drivers because it is not installed on my system.

I have a late model 2009 white Macbook unibody (white) with 8gbs RAM and OS X 10.7.5 Lion.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Once again I apologize if this has already been brought up.

Thanks in advance.