Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2013, 05:40 PM

Default Merging Multiple Tracks at once

Hi, I have been a longtime forum lurker but just decided to make an account because I have a question that HAS BEEN BUGGING ME BIG TIME!!!!

I am a music producer. I have over 500 instrumentals. I now need to put a "TAG" onto all of my instrumentals. A "TAG" is audio that says my brand's name every 7 seconds or so. This is so that when I upload my instrumentals to youtube, people cannot download them and use them for free (well they can, it will just have my TAG in the instrumental).

I was wondering if there is a way that I can place my 7-second looped TAG over all of my instrumentals?

I know that I can open each instrumental individually, then add the "TAG" audio, then bounce the track. But, with 500+ beats this would take me months to complete. Is there a faster, more efficient way of doing this? Sorry for the novel. Thank you guys so much for helping. This is making me go crazy!!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Merging Multiple Tracks at once

At some point, you always either Bounce to Disk, or Record to Track, right? Create a simple mono audio track with your audio "watermark" and add it to every session(build it into your template if you use one). You could leave it muted or inactive until its time for the mixdown pass. Or, maybe just upload snippets of songs, so if someone wants the whole thing, they have to buy it

Yes, this will take a while to process all your old stuff, but doing it as you go is the best way(once you get caught up).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-22-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
At some point, you always either Bounce to Disk, or Record to Track, right? Create a simple mono audio track with your audio "watermark" and add it to every session(build it into your template if you use one). You could leave it muted or inactive until its time for the mixdown pass. Or, maybe just upload snippets of songs, so if someone wants the whole thing, they have to buy it

Yes, this will take a while to process all your old stuff, but doing it as you go is the best way(once you get caught up).
Unfortunately this is exactly what I DON'T want to do.. haha. If I had to do that for every instrumental (which are about 4 minutes each), it would take 500 x 4mins = 33.333 hours nonstop. Which, with my schedule, would take me about three months if I still plan on doing other things while I am at the studio. I am looking for a potentially easier way? Hopefully someone has a method that can do this all at once.

ANOTHER THING I FORGOT TO ADD IN THE FIRST POST - I have bounced each instrumental down to MP3 format. Therefore, I do not need to merge all of the sessions, just the raw audio.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:59 PM

Get another DAW program(like PT11) that offers off-line bounce. Import your instrumental and your "watermark" audio, render and export. This might allow you to do it in 1 minute per song(or faster).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave