Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Saffire 56 Sample Rate Problems - Sample rates changing during start up

One thing I noticed...

I fire up the computer. Then turn on the power to the Saffire 56

Good practice is to power up any peripherals before powering up the computer...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Saffire 56 Sample Rate Problems - Sample rates changing during start up

If I fire up the Saffire before turning on the computer - 70% of the time the Saffire unit goes unrecognized, so I have to fire it up again.

Trainwrecker - I agree with you on this for the most part.
And I suspect that I'll never get the Saffire at 100% - but I'm ganna give it hell trying

One thing to note, after several hours of tech support with sweetwater - they suspect that my hardware may actually have a problem. Even just trying to change sample rates in widows - without having PT open crashes the saffire. The Saffire loses its connection to the computer and mix control software.

They have a new unit on the way - those guys at Sweetwater are great!
I will post any progress I do or do not make.

Cheers
Old 02-20-2012, 04:00 AM

I had the same situation with focusrite saffire 24 pro dsp. Didn't work at all. Changed from laptop's own fw-bus to Texas Instruments chipped fw Express card and the combination it's working like a clock. Absolutely charming.

Really can recommend to changing your FireWire adapter.