Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2008, 02:05 AM

Default Why Has Ilok Suddenly Stopped Working

Why has my MBOX 2 Ilok suddenly stopped working when i loaded the lastest Update for Pro Tools LE 7.4 Cs3 Using Vista 32 bit 4GB Ram

Any Ideas

Thanks

Kimballob
Old 03-15-2008, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Why Has Ilok Suddenly Stopped Working

Stopped working can mean a lot of things. Authorizations missing? Some of em? All of em?
Go to www.ilok.com and log in. Do an "identify" and a "synchronize" and it'll show you everything that's on it. (You DID register it and set up an account, right?)
When you plug it in, does the green led light up? (One of mine broke at the connector, a case for getting a 6-inch USB extension cable so it can dangle off the back and not stick out & get cleaned off if you move the computer. Ask me how I know!)
Old 03-17-2008, 12:50 AM

Thankyou for your reply . the green lights on the ilok has been detected in hardware but wont authorise plugins that came with Mbox 2 When i start / launch Pro Tools 7.4 ive logged into the ILOk site done the identify and syncronise and checked licenses. But for some reason since ive loaded the Latest Pro Tools 7.4. . I seem to be having the problem with the Ilok. Also sticking notes / stutters.

Thank you And Kind Regards

Kimball

Stopped working can mean a lot of things. Authorizations missing? Some of em? All of em?
Go to www.ilok.com and log in. Do an "identify" and a "synchronize" and it'll show you everything that's on it. (You DID register it and set up an account, right?)
When you plug it in, does the green led light up? (One of mine broke at the connector, a case for getting a 6-inch USB extension cable so it can dangle off the back and not stick out & get cleaned off if you move the computer. Ask me how I know!)

Post Extras
Old 03-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Avid

Quote:
Thankyou for your reply . the green lights on the ilok has been detected in hardware but wont authorise plugins that came with Mbox 2 When i start / launch Pro Tools 7.4 ive logged into the ILOk site done the identify and syncronise and checked licenses. But for some reason since ive loaded the Latest Pro Tools 7.4. . I seem to be having the problem with the Ilok. Also sticking notes / stutters.

Thank you And Kind Regards

Kimball

Post Extras
Which plug-ins is it asking about, exactly? Have you tried it in a different USB port on the computer?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 AM

The factory pack plugins really annoying finding pro tools very erratic unstable just crashes
or locks up. I have reinstalled Pro tools. still to no avail

How come i can use ableton Live with no errors but pro tools 7.4 is just so unreliable
especially with Vista. I have followed instructions on Preparing Vista for 7.4 for pro tools
bought new 500 gb harddisk more memory 4gb dual core 2 processor still i cant get Pro tools to allow me to get on with my work and write music . Come on Digidesign help your customers. still awaiting reply from them on this .

Many Thanks
Kimball
Old 03-25-2008, 05:08 AM

Is your computer is compatible word by word?
Have you tried to update pace drivers?
In the hardware manager, can you see your ilok?
And please post your exact specs so someone may find something you might overlook.
Tamas Dragon
Old 03-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Avid

Quote:
The factory pack plugins really annoying finding pro tools very erratic unstable just crashes
or locks up. I have reinstalled Pro tools. still to no avail

How come i can use ableton Live with no errors but pro tools 7.4 is just so unreliable
especially with Vista. I have followed instructions on Preparing Vista for 7.4 for pro tools
bought new 500 gb harddisk more memory 4gb dual core 2 processor still i cant get Pro tools to allow me to get on with my work and write music . Come on Digidesign help your customers. still awaiting reply from them on this .

Many Thanks
Kimball
Kimball -

Please, can you tell me exactly which plug-ins you're being asked about. I know which ones are in the Factory Bundle, but often people will think that they're supposed to have authorization for a particular plug-in, but actually don't.

Have you synchronized your iLok on iLok.com? Does it show the authorizations for the plug-ins you're being asked about?

As for the other issues - you'll need to be more detailed in what you mean by 'so unreliable'. What's happening, exactly? Have you tried all the steps in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread?

You may want to look at the Help us help you thread as well.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:37 PM

Moogerfooger Analog Delay

JOEMEEK Meequalizer VC-5

JOEMEEK SC-2 Photo Optical Compressor

Cosmonaut Voice

Digidesign Maxim
Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Have you synchronized your iLok on iLok.com? Does it show the authorizations for the plug-ins you're being asked about?
You need to answer those questions please.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 03-31-2008, 09:05 PM

yes it shows authorisations and i hvae synchronised the ILOK