Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2001, 06:23 AM

Default Where can u find your serial number...HELP!

Hi there,

does anyone know where u can find your serial number. I am buying DP3 and am doing the competative cross grade but need my Pro tools serial number and I lost the bit of paper it came on (u dont think to keep these things!).

I've looked in the about pro tools and everywhere else i can think in the program. I even tried resedit but couldnt find it. Anyone?????

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2001, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Where can u find your serial number...HELP!

its on the inside cover of the Getting Started book...
Old 11-12-2001, 10:22 AM

Excellent, thanks for that, saved me years searching through everything I own trying to find it.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:11 AM

what if i lost that booklet?
i had a number that i thought was it...this number on the registration form that i still have to send in...
Old 09-01-2002, 01:50 AM

I haven't yet sent in the registration form...
But i need to find that number because i really need that update for a mix that I'm working on this weekend. I'm delaying mixing until tomorrow so i can hopefully mix on 32 tracks.

Is there another way i can get that number? Anything inside my computer (my getting started guide is on my computer in acrobat format, but i couldn't find the # there)...

is there ay number on my 001?
Please, help.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Your Digi 001 system registration number is on your registration card and the outside of the original box, and should also be on your copy of the original dealer invoice. The breakout box and PCI host cards both have serial numbers as well, which are linked to that main 001 system registration number.

Your Pro Tools LE serial number is on the inside front cover of your Getting Started with Digi 001 booklet. This is different than your system registration number. If you have lost either, you can contact Digi Customer Service Administration and they can help. As far as the competitive cross-grade to DP3, you should check with MOTU and find out what they require. On their order form they have the following:
Quote:
order upgrade questions? Contact [email protected]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">