Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2010, 12:20 PM

Default Mbox 2 Pro Hardware Issue - My interface isn't working!

Hello everyone, thanks in advance for your help...

So, here's my problem. My interface doesn't work! First, the details.
My System:
*15"MacBook Pro 2.16ghz
* O.S.-10.5.8
* Protools LE 7.3.1 w/ Mbox 2 Pro
* 2 Gig Ram
* 100 gig Hard drive w/ 2 externals

I had previously been using it both with pro tools and other daws, but then one day it stopped out-putting sound. At this point, however, these programs were still recognizing it as an available hardware interface. I tried re-imaging my disk and re-installing pro-tools to no effect. I then tried using my interface on a friends computer and his on mine. His interface worked fine with my computer, but my interface died when I plugged into his (mac). Now, the lights don't even come on when I plug it in. I should note that my friend has a more recent version of pro tools than I do.

What can I do? It was working fine a few weeks ago, and now it's bricked! I'm a college student and can't afford to replace it with a new one. Is it possible to fix it/get it repaired? Thanks for your help.

-alex