Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2006, 07:28 AM

Default ilok version for Mix 6.4.1 system?

I'm having a bit of trouble trying out some demo plugins on my ilok...i'm running an older version of the ilok software 2004/2005 i should think, but when i install the URS demo plugs (after getting a 14 day demo licence on my ilok), protools just directs me to the pace site when it's loading...i'm a bit scared to install new ilok software, in case it screws up my working system!

i am interested in trying out these eqs...but not if i have to spends days reinstalling stuff...do folks think it's it safe to put brand new pace/ilok software, on a 2-3 year old rig?

xx

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 10-21-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Re: ilok version for Mix 6.4.1 system?

The updated PACE drivers should not be a problem. I am running the latest version on my Mix rig.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:52 AM

The iLok site specifies that the current iLok software requires Mac OS X v10.3.9 and later. If that's what you're running, you should be safe. If not, I don't think I'd mess with any new software. If you're brave, you could try it and see. Just make sure you have everything you need backed-up so you can re-install what had been working for you (hopefully, you kept an older copy of the iLok software installer).

I imagine this is going to be an issue for legacy system users as time goes on. A company like iLok is going to want people using their latest software (which is the most secure for them), but it doesn't seem like they're interested in continuing support for older Mac OS versions. Digidesign's support for Mix systems officially stops at OS 10.3.4.

Lee Blaske
Old 10-21-2006, 08:24 AM

Quote:
The updated PACE drivers should not be a problem. I am running the latest version on my Mix rig.
What OS X version are you running?

x

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

Old 10-21-2006, 08:41 AM

Quote:
The iLok site specifies that the current iLok software requires Mac OS X v10.3.9 and later. If that's what you're running, you should be safe. If not, I don't think I'd mess with any new software. If you're brave, you could try it and see. Just make sure you have everything you need backed-up so you can re-install what had been working for you (hopefully, you kept an older copy of the iLok software installer).

I imagine this is going to be an issue for legacy system users as time goes on. A company like iLok is going to want people using their latest software (which is the most secure for them), but it doesn't seem like they're interested in continuing support for older Mac OS versions. Digidesign's support for Mix systems officially stops at OS 10.3.4.

Lee Blaske
...mm, i've had fun & games all afternoon !

In order to try get these demos working..

* URS Bundle
* Eventide Anthology
* Sony restoration

..i put the latest Pace drivers on

..After this, virtually every plugin i had broke (safari launched, & i was directed to the pace site)...including the *other* Sony Plugs that were on my ilok..gggrrr...however, even more mysteriously, the 'Waves rtas musicians bundle', (which i was promised was on my ilok when i bought the rig 2nd hand) suddenly showed up !

..so....in order to get back to at least where i was, i uninstalled the most recent ilok bundle, & re-installed from a Jan'04 Bundle.

Every now works that did previously.....but not the demos mentioned above (URS/Eventide/Sony Restoration)...& my waves rtas plugins have vanished again..ha...

...I did kind of guess what i might be getting into with a legacy system, but it is all a bit puzzling....i'm afraid to go to OSX 10.3.9, as, if even more things break...i really can't face hosing the hard drive to get back !...

xx

**Update** The Waves rtas plugins are back....it's a miracle !.....i was told that the rig's previous owner was one of Cliff Richard's Producers/writers, so i've tried to avoid divine intervention jokes......

Old 10-21-2006, 12:07 PM

10.3.9 works fine with PT 6.4.1 on the 6 systems here and adds support for many other programs
like toast 7 for one, etc....

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
[email protected]m
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear
Old 10-21-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
What OS X version are you running?

x
I was running 10.3.4 up until a few weeks ago when I was forced by another software package to go to 10.3.9. New Pace drivers were installed quite some time ago.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:17 AM

..oh ok. that's good to know there are a few positive reports for 10.3.9...if i have to take the plunge

xx