Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2002, 10:27 AM

Default It plays, but won\'t bounce...

Ok, I got a tune with like 16 tracks, some heavy plugs, but it plays. When I try to bounce it, it won't! I don't get it, both functions are real time, only playing writes it to the output-converter, and bouncing writes it to disk. I can't imagine the disk-load of writing those tracks makes that much a difference. Anyone knows a workaround? (cpu-settings and buffer are higest settings already...) Oh, and btw. I hate it that you can only bounce realtime! I'd love to wait 10 mins for a 5 minute song! That way I'll at least be able to bounce it at all! Anyone knows some external bounce-prog that will allow me to to this?

thanx!
Old 09-15-2002, 10:30 AM

Default Re: It plays, but won\'t bounce...

Welcome to PTLE...Logic and Digital Performer have non-real time bounces. Meaning if you have a less cpu intensive file, it will bounce at 2 or 3 times the song. 30-45 second bounces are noce. And yes if it's intensive then it may be real time. I HATE the PTLE bounce to disk.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:29 PM

You can do all the stuff above but usually it still wont bounce. When I was using 5.0 I never had this problem, basically if it would play it would always bounce. Ever since I "upgraded to 5.1 I get that same "Bounce handler window" It sucks but what else can I do...Just learn to live w/ it...Sorry

Trash Man
Old 09-16-2002, 12:11 AM

hello, i don't find the bounce function always that bad.
most of the time i got midi/samplers/outboard fx also running, and via a console returning to protools.
this way you have to do it realtime.
i experienced that bounce problem too, and when i bounced to a different disk than the one the audiofiles are on, it worked fine. otherwise you have to read and write from the same disk, and that give a cpu overload.
i hope this helps for you too.
greetings, tantejo.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:17 AM

Ina heavy session, try closing all windows and hiding al tracks except the master fader. Also make sure all plugin windows are closed. Make sure you have "convert after bounce" checked too. It really depends on the speed of your system. on my G4 400 i had to walk through hoops to bounce. I now have an 867 and I can bounce 24 tracks with 30+ plugins no prob.
http://www.1011productions.com
Old 09-18-2002, 12:45 AM

Hmmm.... Getting an external disc (which one?) is an idea, but still I hoped someone was gonna tell me I should visit http://someserver.org to get the shareware program everybody uses to bounce their protools-stuff in not-realtime... Closing all the windows might help! I'll try!

Thanx for the replys!